XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Associate
Now all you have to do is join game pass ultimate. May cost you either 1 or 11 quid. That should convert all your gold to GPU.

Alright. Are you sure? The dialog says “Current conversion ratio” instead of the expected “same amount of time”, and I don’t wanna screw this up...

Associate
It must say somewhere what the current conversion ratio is.

image0.png

This is all I get, nothing about doing it “for the same amount of time” or anything.

Associate
Call them up and ask what the current ratio is I guess. Does it not say anywhere?

Nope, nowhere. It literally has 3 sets of different info on the same page...

From the small print:
Note: Purchase of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or Console) membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass.

From the FAQ:
image0.png

The Microsoft store page:
image0.png

But then when clicking Join:
image0.png

I wish it would tell me the ratio or how much ultimate I’d get before I have to commit...

any ideas?

TIA.

Associate
Thank you so much lads! I took the plunge and did it even though it never said about “for the same time”, and lo and behold it worked fine...
What a chuffin’ relief. That’s me set until 23. Phew! :o

image0.png

and it gave me OneDrive for some reason lol? :D

For anyone else who may read this and needs advice - Waited till my current GPU expired, then bought 3x12 Brazil XBL codes from CDKeys and activated using a VPN, declining free month for recurring each time. Turned off VPN and used a GPU 1-month code to convert. Worked perfect. If you see
Note: Purchase of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatcally upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass (for PC or Console), and/or EA Play membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass.
then don’t panic like I did. This message is much less transparent than the one before EA play came out, so it can easily spark concern. But, as of 26/11/20, the “conversion ratio” it speaks of is indeed 1:1. Maxed out 36mo of GPU, boom.

Thanks again for everyone’s help, very appreciated :)

Soldato
Thank you so much lads! I took the plunge and did it even though it never said about “for the same time”, and lo and behold it worked fine...
What a chuffin’ relief. That’s me set until 23. Phew! :o

image0.png

and it gave me OneDrive for some reason lol? :D

For anyone else who may read this and needs advice - Waited till my current GPU expired, then bought 3x12 Brazil XBL codes from CDKeys and activated using a VPN, declining free month for recurring each time. Turned off VPN and used a GPU 1-month code to convert. Worked perfect. If you see then don’t panic like I did. This message is much less transparent than the one before EA play came out, so it can easily spark concern. But, as of 26/11/20, the “conversion ratio” it speaks of is indeed 1:1. Maxed out 36mo of GPU, boom.

Thanks again for everyone’s help, very appreciated :)

Good stuff. Glad you sorted it. Nice bonus with the one drive :D

Soldato
I'm unsure about this, looking through the 231 games on there currently, the only ones I'm interested in (would consider buying) are Forza H4 & M7, Wolfenstein YB, FS2020, F1 2019... Apart from FS 2020 these can all be bought for less than one year of GPU. I'm also thinking to buy Doom, but that's only £4 now...

Spending £40 a year on GPU, for my limited use, doesn't really seem any better than just buying half a dozen games at £4-10 a time on sale.

Associate
So I have about 6 months left of Gold. If I do this now and buy two years I apply for the free month each time and end up with 2 yrs 8 months? My son has nothing at present and if I did it on his account I could buy 3 years but not apply the free months?

Pet Northerner
Don
So I have about 6 months left of Gold. If I do this now and buy two years I apply for the free month each time and end up with 2 yrs 8 months? My son has nothing at present and if I did it on his account I could buy 3 years but not apply the free months?

yeah, that's how it's work. 2 years 8 months is a good return!

Pet Northerner
Don
I'm unsure about this, looking through the 231 games on there currently, the only ones I'm interested in (would consider buying) are Forza H4 & M7, Wolfenstein YB, FS2020, F1 2019... Apart from FS 2020 these can all be bought for less than one year of GPU. I'm also thinking to buy Doom, but that's only £4 now...

Spending £40 a year on GPU, for my limited use, doesn't really seem any better than just buying half a dozen games at £4-10 a time on sale.

If you have an xbox it'll present a better value proposition as the microsoft games (halo, fable etc etc) will all release on XGP from day one - which I guess will also apply to bethesda titles.

Soldato
Is the offer still on? Would be looking to do the vpn trick to either get 2/3 years worth of access but its saying this on the website

PC > Get your first month for £1,then Regularly£7.99/month*

Associate
Yeah, I just did it with the Brazillian codes from CD keys, 3 years of xbox live gold, then in the manage account bit, there's an option to upgrade to game pass ultimate. I'm not sure if there is a conversion for the PC gamepass only?

Back
Top Bottom