• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Currys has a queue system, 4000 just then. Is it the ps5 or xbox. Only wanted to check my delivery.

Just a little demand...

I feel for anyone really wanting to get one of these, must be really frustrating. No wonder they are saying it won’t be until April when it all starts sorting itself out. Perhaps when the first preorders went live I didn’t realise how lucky I was.

Caporegime
For the £280 nothing comes close, but of course there is that 4K compromise.

120 fps games don’t run at 4k anyway and I always prefer performance modes in games so I’m happy to have 1440p. I don’t notice the resolution drop as much as I notice the fps drop.

There are no HDMI 2.1 or decent HDR monitors so everything is a compromise anyway.
Ok thanks for getting back to me on that.

The dell 27 seems a great deal although @Yas786... Your wife is robbing you of that luscious OLED goodness.
Yes but after everything she has done for me since we got married a fair few yrs ago, it’s not a huge deal.
Just waiting to close on a house we have soon then I’ll have my oled goodness all to myself.

Samsung LE32R41BD by any chance?

Yeh I think that’s the one, got it when the Xbox one first released and was probably one of the best lcds out at the time. Still served me well to this day. Not sure how the series x will fair on it though :p

Caporegime
Currys has a queue system, 4000 just then. Is it the ps5 or xbox. Only wanted to check my delivery.
And I can guarantee you that most of those consoles are manufactured in august as mine was. Pre ordered 10th Nov and got it tues and manufactured date was august 2020.
Mentioned it before but I think they have a lot of consoles sitting in the warehouses etc and are drip feeding them to keep demand high.

I assumed that mine was built recently as it was delivered to me on Tuesday this week. but as I said it was built back in august of this year.

Soldato
Ok thanks for getting back to me on that.

Yes but after everything she has done for me since we got married a fair few yrs ago, it’s not a huge deal.
Just waiting to close on a house we have soon then I’ll have my oled goodness all to myself.

Yeh I think that’s the one, got it when the Xbox one first released and was probably one of the best lcds out at the time. Still served me well to this day. Not sure how the series x will fair on it though :p

I did the very same, ghost recon 2 was next level. My dad still has it working perfectly but for a bit of a dodgy hdmi port.

Man of Honour
Trying to use Netflix through the Xbox, largely due to the fact I can use the same paired headphones. Annoyingly it keeps switching game mode on when I load up the Netflix app. I thought it wasn’t meant to do that? Game mode is set to auto, trying to work out if there is a way to switch it off just for the Netflix app.

Edit: apparently it’s a VRR problem with ALLM engaged at the same time.

Edit 2: yup, vrr off fixes it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Mentioned it before but I think they have a lot of consoles sitting in the warehouses etc and are drip feeding them to keep demand high.

I assumed that mine was built recently as it was delivered to me on Tuesday this week. but as I said it was built back in august of this year.

I can't see that at this time of year. All the stock would go because it's Christmas. I wonder if maybe it's that some have been air freighted and some on boats. All manufactured at the same time but some take longer to get here.

Man of Honour
I put instant on back for the weekend. I forgot how quick it is and how you can jump straight back into the game being played. All very impressive.

On another note, there’s been another turtle beach firmware update that stops them restarting the console when you shut it down but the headset is still on.

Soldato
Definitely an issue when using the Dolby Atmos app or DTS app with headphones and recording game footage with Xbox record. It just records no sound.

Leave it in Windows sonic sound and no issues all game recordings have audio.

Soldato
Which model OLED? Make sure the firmware is up to date, all HDMI 2.1 stuff being used, etc. :)
Thansk for this i missed your response, I'd like to update for completeness that I sussed it out, i swapped the HDMI cable to the one which came with the Xbox and it worked fine since then !!! :)

It's an LG OLED65B9PLA BTW.

Played my first 4K 60fps game last night, Forza Horizon 4 and was seriously impressed, it was like a new console. REALLY excited to try CoD in 120fps now!

Soldato
Thansk for this i missed your response, I'd like to update for completeness that I sussed it out, i swapped the HDMI cable to the one which came with the Xbox and it worked fine since then !!! :)

Played my first 4K 60fps game last night, Forza Horizon 4 and was seriously impressed, it was like a new console. REALLY excited to try CoD in 120fps now!

Ahh, good to hear it's fixed!! I've noticed a lot of complaints about HDMI cable quality when it comes to HDMI2.1, so you definitely need to buy a good one (or as you have, use the included one here!) :)

I've noticed in dusky conditions in FH4, that the brake lights have some weird artifacting going on when the car is moving. Seem to jump about slightly which can be annoying when looking there. Only noticed this in the last two days. Other than that, it works perfectly.

Associate

Seems both consoles are shipping with a few dodgy cables. My series X one was fine but the one that came with the ps5 gives random black screens with sound still playing. My own cable fixed that.

Man of Honour
Utterly impressive graphics on GEARS 5. That is all.

Gears 5 is just brilliant. Some of the scenes they’ve really thought carefully how to best use the lighting and hdr available. It’s seriously impressive.

I had to do the same, the cheap and cheerful one I bought from Amazon started reverting the TV to 640 resolution.

Really handy having Netflix, prime etc through the Xbox so that I can continue to use the same paired headphones. I have to switch vrr off for game mode to not automatically activate (a known problem for a year apparently), but other than that it works well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom