• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm kind of surprised there isn't more noise about this. The forums would have been burnt down if AMD was doing this.
Its finally picking up traction that Nvidia sold dies to miners. It one way to inflat prices to consumers by artificially creating a shortage in your stock, allegedly. :D

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-allegedly-sold-175-million-worth-ampere-geforce-rtx-30-gpus-to-miners/

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7646...because-nvidia-sold-them-to-miners/index.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-f...ould-be-pinned-on-crypto-miners.506389.0.html

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2110...-gpu-thats-because-nvidia-sold-them-to-miners

https://thinkcomputers.org/nvidia-s...-ampere-geforce-rtx-30-gpus-to-crypto-miners/

All it took for AMD to screw you over is the lack of availability and higher price.

But it takes Nvidia to:
-No available stock at the suggested MSRP
-Pricing the skus higher then MSRP
-Sell you a board that blackscreens because of imbalance of capacitors
-Provide you a driver update to lower gpu boost to fix black screens.
-3080 having a 4-5 month shelf life by selling you a lower vram card. To later EOL it for a higher vram card in 2021.
-Did not provide the 50% performance boost over Turing for a flagship to flagship card.
-AIB caught, but never sanction, scalping their own customers at double the price
-Nvidia sold dies to miners instead of filling existing orders. Leaving you to wait. And artificially creating a shortage thus keeping prices on ampere higher, allegedly.

I'm not saying AMD's pricing isn't exorbitant. It is. However, it's the 1st time in years AMD provided a TI level of performance. However, when you compare and contrast what it takes you to saying when AMD screws you vs when Nvidia is a bit lopsided.

If the only controversy from amd now is that they are charging more for rdna 2 i can wait it out until stock normalize 1st.

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.
:D

Last edited:
Associate
If 6900 XT stock actually exists at launch, and isn't gouged to all hell and back, then I will be tempted to take the plunge. Otherwise I'll wait for the situation to normalise, assuming it ever does, and see what next year brings.

I'm not paying insane mark-up for a product I know full well has massive margins already, I'm not that stupid... or desperate. :)

Soldato
Its finally picking up traction that Nvidia sold dies to miners. It one way to inflat prices to consumers by artificially creating a shortage in your stock, allegedly. :D

If the only controversy from amd now is that they are charging more for rdna 2 i can wait it out until stock normalize 1st.

Talk about making a mountain out if a mole hill.

Ehh... Nvidia being short on gamer products because they prioritised big mining buyers is not that far from AMD being short on DIY and gamer products because they prioritised consoles and big cpu orders.

Low priority customers get low priority.

But yes, waiting is the sensible thing to do. Only tech addicts will be buying with this kind of low stock and high pricing going on.

Soldato
Ehh... Nvidia being short on gamer products because they prioritised big mining buyers is not that far from AMD being short on DIY and gamer products because they prioritised consoles and big cpu orders.

Low priority customers get low priority.

But yes, waiting is the sensible thing to do. Only tech addicts will be buying with this kind of low stock and high pricing going on.
Rofl,
Ok hotwire

Soldato
So...you know....its not the same as nvidia purposely selling their stock to miners then...

???

Nvidia has a set amount of chips it can make.

AMD has a set amount of chips (of various types) it can make

Neither is prioritising their chips for the DIY/PC gamer market. Doesn't matter what form this takes.

Makes as much sense to complain that chiplets are being yoinked for EPYC 3 instead of the less profitable 5000 cpus.

Associate
What did Linus guestimate the number of cards sold to miners was 250k? Seems like a pretty serious decision on Nvidia to prioritize miners over the gaming market

Soldato
Its not the same at all. Both companies have ****** the launches of their gpus but at least AMD have not purposefully ****** it for the consumer NVIDIA selling cards to miners for millions is just classic NVIDIA
Exactly!!
You read a lot emo, nonsense of them defending Nvidia. IE: It was a full moon...I hate the color Red...Nvidia is a business...they had dies to spare...whaa. Thinking they will do it for distance and agitation. Failing to realize they are self marking. Which exposes themselves for who they really are.

???

Nvidia has a set amount of chips it can make.

AMD has a set amount of chips (of various types) it can make

Neither is prioritising their chips for the DIY/PC gamer market. Doesn't matter what form this takes.

Makes as much sense to complain that chiplets are being yoinked for EPYC 3 instead of the less profitable 5000 cpus.
Oh, I'm sorry but when you apply reasoning and critical thinking one looks at why this happened.

As it turns out AMD prioritized gpus do to consoles and cpus. No malice intent for greed nor anti consumer behavior that is obvious. Just trying to reach the masses with the allocation of wafers given.

As it turns out for nvidia. There is no such market segmentation. They sold their dies to miners for a quick buck. Which has a 2 fold effect...restrains supply artificially increasing prices.

Therefore your black and white assumption of " i can't get one" is faulty. It won't stop you from believing it as you will only narrow down to just the conclusion. But having some insight in the matter does change the prospective of the situation.

Therefore, I will wait it out. As its not about you failing to relate the two.

Last edited:
Associate
Nvidia showing how much they care about gamers lol.

At the end of the day they are a business though. Its anti consumer, and not the first time they have been anti consumer, however with shipping costs being astronomical its likely this made them more money.

Still a huge slap in the face to everyone who has preordered a card

Soldato
Oh, I'm sorry but when you apply reasoning and critical thinking one looks at why this happened.

As it turns out AMD prioritized gpus do to consoles and cpus. No malice intent for greed nor anti consumer behavior that is obvious. Just trying to reach the masses with the allocation of wafers given.

As it turns out for nvidia. There is no such market segmentation. They sold their dies to miners for a quick buck. Which has a 2 fold effect...restrains supply artificially increasing prices.

Therefore your black and white assumption of " i can't get one" is faulty. It won't stop you from believing it as you will only narrow down to just the conclusion. But having some insight in the matter does change the prospective of the situation.

Therefore, I will wait it out. As its not about you failing to relate the two.

???

your black and white assumption of " i can't get one" is faulty.

Said by me never? Actual garbage.

In fact the entire second half of what you wrote is a mess.

The effect of the prioritisation of both companies has choked supply to DIY/pc gamers. It's bizzare to say you find one more acceptable than the other when they're both doing it for money.

The GPUs Nvidia makes are theirs to do with as they like just like AMD deciding the best use of their wafers.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

What did Linus guestimate the number of cards sold to miners was 250k? Seems like a pretty serious decision on Nvidia to prioritize miners over the gaming market

How have Nvidia prioritised miners over gamers? Is there a check box on the order page asking if you 'game' or 'mine' and if you check 'mine' you get the card?

Man of Honour
All it took for AMD to screw you over is the lack of availability and higher price.

But it takes Nvidia to:
-No available stock at the suggested MSRP
-Pricing the skus higher then MSRP
-Sell you a board that blackscreens because of imbalance of capacitors
-Provide you a driver update to lower gpu boost to fix black screens.
-3080 having a 4-5 month shelf life by selling you a lower vram card. To later EOL it for a higher vram card in 2021.
-Did not provide the 50% performance boost over Turing for a flagship to flagship card.
-AIB caught, but never sanction, scalping their own customers at double the price
-Nvidia sold dies to miners instead of filling existing orders. Leaving you to wait. And artificially creating a shortage thus keeping prices on ampere higher, allegedly.

I'm not saying AMD's pricing isn't exorbitant. It is. However, it's the 1st time in years AMD provided a TI level of performance. However, when you compare and contrast what it takes you to saying when AMD screws you vs when Nvidia is a bit lopsided.

Oh yeah and the AMD launch went so amazingly well...

And still skewing the truth significantly to sling mud at nVidia...

If you look at people's sigs - including some of the supposed AMD diehards if you went by the Navi 23 thread - there are a surprising number of people who have managed to buy FE cards at MSRP for a product with no available stock :s (granted stock availability is meh but still - the way you talk is as if it is a vapour product that never existed)

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom