• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm gonna wait for the 6900 XT i think. Based on AIB MSRP, it looks more and more appealing.

It’s going to be a mixed bag.

The clock speeds off the binned 6800XTs AIB cards are so incredible the 6900XT reference will have a hard time of it but the 6900XT AIB cards will be off the chain.

I am not entirely sure that even AMD believed their binned 6800 chips could go this fast but they are.

Caporegime
Not sure how NVidia have prioritised miners but a crap move for PC gamers regardless. AMD are no better with consoles getting priority also, so both sticking a middle finger to us PC enthusiasts :(

Soldato
Think about this for a minute...Nvidia had the stock to sell 250k ga102 dies (allegedly) . Their 1st batch. Knowing amd didn't do to market segmentation for cpus, consoles, etc. And yet still decided to put themselves in the same position as amd when it comes to getting gpus out to pc gamers. And sold those dies to miners. Causing a shortage thus artificially inflating prices....something MLID hinted to.

Can you imagine what the landscape could have been if Nvidia didn't sell those dies to miners. Can you imagine what luanched day should have been? I can...:D

Thats saying something. The wrong kind of something. Now, I can understand why rdna 2 gpus are marked up. Not enough capacity. But for Nvidia its greed.

And I understand why amd prioritised consoles over gpus. I dont like it but I understand. But Nvidia...rofl. nah, they are just not for pc gamers.

Which is why I can wait.
:D

Last edited:
Soldato
In short, its OK for AMD Nvidia are evil, and trolls are gonna troll all day every day.
Rofl
Nvidia had your GPU ready to sell. But they decided to take your GPU and give it to miners. Let's not kid ourselves Nvidia actually had ample supply. Therefore, in this case yes Nvidia is evil. You can't call AMD evil they don't have the supply.

Associate
As its all internet guesswork at best, lets wait a week until as with everything on these forums lately it'll be disproved and we can find something else Nvidia or AMD have done to bitch at them about little johnny not having his games at xmas. ;)

Man of Honour
And sold those dies to miners. Causing a shortage thus artificially inflating prices....something MLID hinted to.

That actually doesn't make sense - nVidia are still selling the FE cards at MSRP and while not easy to obtain they are regularly coming up in batches they aren't completely non-existent, nVidia isn't making extra money from the artificially high prices of the AIB cards - a large part of that is retailers gouging which will go in the retailer's pockets and a smaller amount will go to the AIBs - nVidia is still pretty much charging the same amount to AIBs.

(Granted it does give nVidia more room to raise prices and/or make their next launch look cheaper in comparison down the line but that is somewhat tenuous at this point).

MLID is largely full of crap.

There is zero evidence in that article.

Seems to be a lot of confusing of the facts in that article - it isn't clear if the 175 million is from before Ampere launched or so far - it is used in both contexts in the article depending on the point they are making in a specific sentence.

Ultimately they seem to be assuming that a lot of the bots are cryptominers - ne interesting to see how nVidia sold cards directly to cryptominers without some kind of traceable contract as for the most part cryptominers are a loose collective of everyday people with a few adhoc businesses doing it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its no guess work. It was part of their earning report. Lol

"For the quarter in review, Nvidia sold at least $175 million worth of new generation GPUs to ethereum miners, helping the outperformance, according to a note from RBC Capital Markets analyst Mitch Steves. The analyst had guided sales to miners to come in at $150 million for the quarter."
https://news.bitcoin.com/nvidia-pos...s-of-gpus-to-crypto-miners-reach-175-million/

What's really being alleged is how many dies that is equivalent to. Mitch Steve is the actual person who snitched on the Nvidia. As people like him are privy to such information.

Make no mistake, it is all true.

Associate

"For the quarter in review, Nvidia sold at least $175 million worth of new generation GPUs to ethereum miners, helping the outperformance, according to a note from RBC Capital Markets analyst Mitch Steves. The analyst had guided sales to miners to come in at $150 million for the quarter."
https://news.bitcoin.com/nvidia-pos...s-of-gpus-to-crypto-miners-reach-175-million/

What's really being alleged is how many dyes that is equivalent to. Mitch Steve is the actual person who snitched on the Nvidia. As people like him are privy to such information.

That's pure speculation by an equity research analyst.. these are not numbers coming from Nvidia. I am seriously ****** at AMD so much so that I would like to see the floor being mopped with few of their top ranking officials. There I vented my anger :(
---
Meanwhile, back on topic, could any reviewer hit 2800MHz, am eager to see more YouTube videos.

Soldato
That's pure speculation by an equity research analyst.. these are not numbers coming from Nvidia. I am seriously ****** at AMD so much so that I would like to see the floor being mopped with few of their top ranking officials. There I vented my anger :(
I got a problem with matey who bet $10 on the launch and showed off his card that ****** people off, Amd should get him off twitter if he cannot control his ego.

Soldato
Rofl
Nvidia had your GPU ready to sell. But they decided to take your GPU and give it to miners. Let's not kid ourselves Nvidia actually had ample supply. Therefore, in this case yes Nvidia is evil. You can't call AMD evil they don't have the supply.

ROFL

I can call AMD a liar just like Trump after they stole $10 after lied claimed they will have plenty of supply compared to Ampere launch and also AMD claimed SAM will be exclusive to Ryzen 5000 series and 500 series chipsets only. Motherboards manufacturers will have SAM enabled on 300 and 400 series chipsets in upcoming beta BIOSes.

Soldato
Let's not fool ourselves. Amper has been out in the market for over 40 days now. Stock levels change as time goes on.

However, there is a false equivalent to relate that to 6000 series launch just a few days ago. And why they are struggling.

So there is nothing to be confused about. Nvidia didn't stop producing dies. No more then AMD. But for completely different reasons.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

What's really being alleged is how many dies that is equivalent to. Mitch Steve is the actual person who snitched on the Nvidia. As people like him are privy to such information.

How exactly are Nvidia selling directly to miners? What mechanism are they using for that?

Soldato
Not sure how NVidia have prioritised miners but a crap move for PC gamers regardless. AMD are no better with consoles getting priority also, so both sticking a middle finger to us PC enthusiasts :(

Can you blame AMD to much. PC gamers gave AMD the middle finger while Sony and Microsoft helped them through the tough moments.

Still I wanted a 6800xt this side of Christmas but will be waiting until next year when hopefully there is stock and half decent pricing. I also got a decent beer pump so it's not all bad news lol

Man of Honour
So everything else they said about nvidia earnings report was real except that? The cope is real.

It is pure speculation - if you actually go to the source of the information they only speculate that a certain amount came from cryptocurrency and then further down compare the mining performance of Ampere - the original report itself doesn't tie that income to Ampere only to crypto. It is the news articles that have reported on that which have tied the two together.

Associate
So everything else they said about nvidia earnings report was real except that? The cope is real.

It's not part of the earning report. An earning report is a disclosure made by the exchange traded entity.

Rather, its part of an equity research note prepared by a broker/investment bank (a third party). These contain various speculations and forecasts as well. These reports are aimed at institutional investors who discount them completely. They're bombarded by atleast 10 such unsolicited reports per day.

Btw i am surprised that you are not angry at AMD :confused:

Here is an excerpt from the note (which is clearly based on assumptions):
En4jeEgXcAASj6a

Man of Honour
It's not part of the earning report. An earning report is a disclosure made by the exchange traded entity.

Rather, its part of an equity research note prepared by a broker/investment bank (a third party). These contain various speculations and forecasts as well. These reports are aimed at institutional investors who discount them completely. They're bombarded by atleast 10 such unsolicited reports per day.

Btw i am surprised that you are not angry at AMD :confused:

Here is an excerpt from the note (which is clearly based on assumptions):

And somehow this has become nVidia sold loads of Ampere GPUs to miners before launch...

Possibly some truth to a lot of the bots buying those cards were linked to miners but that is a very different story to nVidia intentionally selling to the mining market at the expense of gamers let alone before launch and I'm still waiting on how nVidia sold Ampere GPUs to miners before launch without it being public knowledge given that there isn't one big organisation that is cryptomining but a loose collective of largely unconnected entities.

Even if some of the bigger mining farms approached nVidia or vice-versa you'd think there was some news about that.

Associate
Let's not fool ourselves. Amper has been out in the market for over 40 days now. Stock levels change as time goes on.

However, there is a false equivalent to relate that to 6000 series launch just a few days ago. And why they are struggling.

So there is nothing to be confused about. Nvidia didn't stop producing dies. No more then AMD. But for completely different reasons.

Let me get this right....

Even if true.... Nvidia managed to sell over $150 million worth of GPU dies to miners.... Yet still managed to provide far more combined Reference and AIB stock than AMD did at launch...

Crikey... Makes you realise how bad the AMD launch was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom