• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Man of Honour
Dont see point in going 3070 from a 5700xt personally just for me if I could get a 3080FE that would be nice but way things are going probably wait for 4xxx or 7xxx then buy one or even pick up a 2nd hand 3080.

Largely I just needed something better than my GTX1070 for some RTX based development stuff I'm doing - I've got a feeling I will probably upgrade from the 3070 down the line before I normally would.

Associate
i never got a code tho :(

When did you order it and when did it arrive?

The Watch Dogs promotion ended last month, this month they have been sending out CoD:CW codes, but only with 3080/90 cards unlike Watch Dogs that also went to 3070 purchasers.

Associate
When did you order it and when did it arrive?

The Watch Dogs promotion ended last month, this month they have been sending out CoD:CW codes, but only with 3080/90 cards unlike Watch Dogs that also went to 3070 purchasers.

I ordered a 3070 on Thursday, arrived today. According to your description I’m out :(

thanks for the info!

Associate
Congrats!

Depending on age of the psu, it should be fine. @3t3P did a post on this, if its more than 5 years old i would consider getting a new one for peace of mind.

Bit wasteful isn't it? Considering 10 year warranties aren't abnormal for a bunch of PSUs. drive em till they die i say ;)

Soldato
They stopped sending them when it was replaced with COD, if you were previously sent one you had until around now to redeem it.

I think if you ordered when WDs was active and that promotion then ended before it shipped you get nothing.

Soldato
so i managed to secure a 3070FE. its arrived and would be replacing a 780ti which ive had since 2013.
I’ve opened it but not installed it. Keep thinking it’s overkill for my needs. 1080p 144hz and I only play CSGO & COD at the moment.

Associate
so i managed to secure a 3070FE. its arrived and would be replacing a 780ti which ive had since 2013.
I’ve opened it but not installed it. Keep thinking it’s overkill for my needs. 1080p 144hz and I only play CSGO & COD at the moment.

It might be overkill for what you play at the moment, but if you were to upgrade monitor later on you would be not worrying the 780ti could hack it. Install it man lol

Associate
I was playing CSGO and Fortnite on mine last night having upgraded from my 980.

A good 200 FPS boost on Fortnite, up from 60-80 FPS, thats at 1080p too.

CSGO was great too, but I'd not played that on my old system for comparison

Associate
You're better off on discord, telegram has a delay for some reason. The links always appear on discord before telegram does.

+1 for discord, worked for me last week. Also, not sure what Telegram does, but discord links directly to the competitor page for the 3080, no need to go to the Nvidia product page, so one less click. Which when they are selling out in seconds can make all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom