• Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Even 1080p/60 is better than 4k/30. That's how I played gears 5 and FH4 on my one x, much prefer smoothness over resolution.

The new consoles are more than capable of decent graphics at 1440p/60 so hopefully that will become a standard option going forward.

It's how I play games via my PC on my 4k TV, and the consoles have basically the same CPU as I do in my PC (3700X) and a better GPU (I have a 1080Ti) and that handles 1440p/60 perfectly fine

Soldato
lost oddysey done now, but I need to redo the 2 superbosses as I intended to put on youtube, only to find that for an odd reason no sound was recorded (but was been captured as I played live using the sound from obs).

Moved on to vesperia, there is a fair few games that are on massive discounts for another 6 days, and I am aware they wont be forever in game pass, so may buy those.

Associate
yeah, I didn’t buy the ultimate edition. I fancied playing it now.

Never bought from the foreign stores but getting Control Ultimate, GRID and The Division 2 Warlords Expansion for just under £23 was a steal from the Brazil store.
Doom 64 and Bulletstorm Full Clip cost £1.50 from the Turkey store.
Had to Google a hostel address in Turkey and Brazil to redeem the gift cards but i currently have 3 different currencies linked to my account now :D

Soldato
Never bought from the foreign stores but getting Control Ultimate, GRID and The Division 2 Warlords Expansion for just under £23 was a steal from the Brazil store.
Doom 64 and Bulletstorm Full Clip cost £1.50 from the Turkey store.
Had to Google a hostel address in Turkey and Brazil to redeem the gift cards but i currently have 3 different currencies linked to my account now :D

That's some strange short city break holiday you've been on there!

Soldato
30fps on anything is just a horrible gaming experience full stop. I've spent years on pc gaming 100fps+ on 1440p adaptive sync screens, playing the PS4pro at 30fps was nasty. 60fps on my OLED now with the Series X is incredible though. 4k60 looks so impressive on Gears and FH4, I'm seriously more into that now than 100fps at 1440p on PC. Hope we see the back of 30fps completely.

Man of Honour
30fps on anything is just a horrible gaming experience full stop. I've spent years on pc gaming 100fps+ on 1440p adaptive sync screens, playing the PS4pro at 30fps was nasty. 60fps on my OLED now with the Series X is incredible though. 4k60 looks so impressive on Gears and FH4, I'm seriously more into that now than 100fps at 1440p on PC. Hope we see the back of 30fps completely.

I could imagine 3 modes in future. 30fps quality, 60fps performance, 120fps multiplayer. I’d go for 60fps every time.

Going to activate my Disney plus free trial soon.

Soldato
I must be one of the few who can switch as needed, I prefer 60fps, but I played the entirety of ff7 remake fine, that is a 30fps game.

Also I do find 30fps more cinematic so in a few games I feel its a better experience.

One thing that I cannot get any benefit from however is 120fps, I honestly cannot feel the difference when playing a game between that and 60. The advantage of 120hz to me is that it is a multiple of both 24hz and 30hz so you can play all content without stuttering.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I must be one of the few who can switch as needed, I prefer 60fps, but I played the entirety of ff7 remake fine, that is a 30fps game.

Also I do find 30fps more cinematic so in a few games I feel its a better experience.

One thing that I cannot get any benefit from however is 120fps, I honestly cannot feel the difference when playing a game between that and 60. The advantage of 120hz to me is that it is a multiple of both 24hz and 30hz so you can play all content without stuttering.

Don't get me wrong, I can "manage" with 30fps, but I'd rather it be 60. I don't however want 1080p/60 as the only option other than 4k/30 like what the options are in Jedi Fallen order, as it does look a little aliased around the edges. It's why I ended up donwloading it on my PC instead in the end, so I could choose 1440p/60 on my 4k TV, which looks far better than 1080p/60

Caporegime
Hehe I’ve been playing 30fps for a very long time so going to 60fps will be an event for me.
Just need to make up my mind on whether to jump for a monitor or tv.
Otherwise I’m going to be stuck playing on a 720p screen :p

Soldato
Enjoying the Xbox series s as kind of an extension of my PC for the lounge. The games I have tried that are X/S optimized have really impressed me. COD Cold War looks amazing on the Lil 250 quid console running on 4K HDR LG TV. Really is good value for money. Think Valhalla got a patch today for 60FPS on Series S too.

Back
Top Bottom