Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2020, Sakhir - Race 15/17

Rate the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix out of 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
We really need Ferrari to be competitive. I think it's been good seeing them suffer long enough.

Or maybe Mclaren.

The Sky team had a quick chat with Mattia Binotto during FP3 and he was sounding positive about next year’s all new engine so hopefully that turns out to be true and we get 3/4 teams at least challenging at the front.

alx

alx

Soldato
Salary cap is neither here nor there. The top drivers earn more than their salary in sponsorship and advertising, and the lesser drivers won't be earning near the $10m limit anyway.

Do they? I thought Hamilton's endorsements are worth aporox $12 million a year which is less than his salary, although the money you make from them really depends how much time you want to spend doing marketing, advertising etc.

Soldato
Do they? I thought Hamilton's endorsements are worth aporox $12 million a year which is less than his salary, although the money you make from them really depends how much time you want to spend doing marketing, advertising etc.

I think you are right. I'm pretty sure back in the day drivers used to earn a lot more in sponsorship than they do today.

Soldato

A lot of Hamilton's salary is being a Mercedes Brand Ambassador which is really unrelated to F1 although included in his F1 contract. Hamilton will be earning a lot of sponsorship money long after he as left F1.

If his salary is capped, only the driving for Mercedes in F1 part should be capped.

What he does outside of F1 is his own business unless Mercedes want to pay him to get that time. The FIA have no control over that part.

Here's an example

https://media.daimler.com/marsMedia...ia-Keys-and-Lewis-Hamilton.xhtml?oid=47205884

Are we saying the FIA have any business controlling how much Hamilton gets paid for this whilst Alicia Keys can be paid anything.

Back
Top Bottom