• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hey, I bought a card last month and requested to cancel my queue postion yesterday at 11pm and just wait but I don't want to lose my queue postion and pre-order. I can't go back on the pre-order cancel form to see if there was a way to change it but I don't want to cancel it anymore so what should I do?

Sorry to say that, but when you fill in the form it warns you that all requests are final and if you cancel, you can't go back. Then it asks you to confirm you understood that. If you've gone through all that and then changed your mind, most likely you're out of luck. Especially that they likely won't see you changing your mind before refund is send to you, anyway.

Associate
yeah
Sorry to say that, but when you fill in the form it warns you that all requests are final and if you cancel, you can't go back. Then it asks you to confirm you understood that. If you've gone through all that and then changed your mind, most likely you're out of luck. Especially that they likely won't see you changing your mind before refund is send to you, anyway.

Yeah I know it wasn’t clever for me to do that but excitement does that, i don’t expect them to stop the refund but it was worth seeing

Associate
To let everyone know I cancelled 2 x orders

Aorus Xtreme position 84 and

Aorus Master 34, managed to get the 2 cards I needed good luck to everyone and hope you get your cards soon!
how did u get it?

how comes everyone keeps on mentioning, " oh ive bought a card im cancelling me pre-order"

where do they get it from, scalp prices?

Associate
Question for anyone who got a card, did you receive a GeForce code for a game? Watch Dogs or Call of Duty?

It's on my order, it's on my invoice, but no email or anything.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/campaigns/cod-black-ops-cold-war-bundle/

Clicking through the Nvidia site shows Overclockers so they're surely participating right?
it's while stock last, what code you've got on the invoice? if COD then you will not get it as Overclockers claim they do not participate

Soldato
Question for anyone who got a card, did you receive a GeForce code for a game? Watch Dogs or Call of Duty?

It's on my order, it's on my invoice, but no email or anything.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/campaigns/cod-black-ops-cold-war-bundle/

Clicking through the Nvidia site shows Overclockers so they're surely participating right?
The codes were on the shipping email but I think the GeForce one expires soon but the watchdogs code isn't time limited as far as I'm aware.

Associate
Got my release date pre-order for the MSI gaming Trio which I gave to my brother and myself a FTW3 ultra from part-alerts for £780 in total,

saying that it's not easy to get one and some orders simply get cancelled and delays anyways regardless of store just luck I guess

Associate
Prices have gone up again from the chat time I checked. The TUF OC is now £830 compared to £680 that it was at launch. Its funny how companies will use "supply and demand" to scalp the **** out of the cards.

Associate
Yes, but you do pay a premium. I had to shell out £830 for a Gaming X Trio on one of the Discord sites. If I get it in the next 2 weeks, I am happy. But I know not many will be.

That's not the fault of the Discord however, there are very few cards currently at RRP (Unless you are lucky, as I was) and grab an FE card.

The Discord group I unused, would not list stocked items unless the price was considered 'reasonsble' - But, as they say, an item is only worth what you are willing to pay, so if the price was too high, you just wait for the next ping - It's definitely a better way, as at least you are being presented with an option of buying, and the cash is still in your account until you decide to part with it....

Associate
The codes were on the shipping email but I think the GeForce one expires soon but the watchdogs code isn't time limited as far as I'm aware.

The games codes are definitely time limited. Watch Dogs expires tomorrow according to the terms of the offer.

... and Gibbo already said they were not participating in the COD:CW offer.

Associate
I think it would have been a good gesture for OC to have released the legions codes to those that piad as a good will gesture
they had limited amount of codes, promo states: until stock last. OCUK are not ubisoft to have infinite amount of them. I bet even if they have some (or COD game codes) they would/will use them as a compensation for complains rather than release them as good gesture

Associate
I think it would have been a good gesture for OC to have released the legions codes to those that paid as a good will gesture

The Watch Dog codes can only be redeemed if you have a 30xx GPU installed, so they wouldn't have been usable by anyone who had not received a card, even if they did still have them to give...

Associate
they had limited amount of codes, promo states: until stock last. OCUK are not ubisoft to have infinite amount of them. I bet even if they have some (or COD game codes) they would/will use them as a compensation for complains rather than release them as good gesture

If they put it on the invoice then it should be available to those that purchased since its thier receipt of payment. so they definately have the quanitity to fill those. UNLESS they expected to not forefill all those receipts of purchase and exceeded their stock allocations which iwould be very bad to do as a marketing exercise. The codes may have been limited but those whom purchased and have it on their reciept would have appreciated it whilst waiting the months to get the card. Like i said it would have been a good gesture and would have gained them some brownie points with those customers.

Associate
The codes may have been limited but those whom purchased and have it on their reciept would have appreciated it whilst waiting the months to get the card. Like i said it would have been a good gesture and would have gained them some brownie points with those customers.

No card = no game, not much use to be taunted by a code you can't redeem without the card...

Associate
Can you send me 50 quid as a good will gesture?

1. These would have had zero cost to OC and 2. if you can afford a 30XX you dont need the 50 quid, if you do then you shouldnt have bought one. My comment was just a suggestion that would have helped OC make customers feel a little better. A bit late for that now, but it would have cost them nothing.

Associate
1. These would have had zero cost to OC and 2. if you can afford a 30XX you dont need the 50 quid, if you do then you shouldnt have bought one. My comment was just a suggestion that would have helped OC make customers feel a little better. A bit late for that now, but it would have cost them nothing.
It will cost oc as they would have been allocated a certain amount of codes . Whoever provided them don't care if oc gets disgruntled custom and by the look of it neither does oc . Though I agree if it's in the invoice they should honor it one way or another . It shouldn't matter when the promotion ends if watchdogs finish's something else should be given. Myself couldn't really care less as I only want my GPU and i don't really like watchdogs

Back
Top Bottom