• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Certified HDMI 2.1 Cables for 30 Series and Ryzen GPUs

Associate
I've tested 2 cables so far with a Radeon RX 6800 MBA reference card and Samsung QE55Q90T tv.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CS8TPGJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2...mit_cable_10k_120hz_48gbps_m-m_2_m.-6.56_ft./

Both working without issue at 4k 120hz with VRR and HDR enabled.

I got the Stouchi cable tip off from here:

I've used Club 3d cables for years and just trusted that would work and indeed it does !!!
While those are not 5m cables, I just wanted to post my experiences to help others try and avoid the minefield of cables out there ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Received the YIWENTEC 5 meters cable and it seems to work just fine at 4K 120hz 10bit RGB HDR with gsync. No dropouts or artifacting so far. Had a quick go in Doom Eternal and it’s working great. It was one of the cheapest 8k cables from rainforest at £17.99.

Soldato
HDTVtest on YouTube recommended these ones: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SFYXDFS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have 2 2m ones in my system and they work perfectly for 4k 120Hz on my Samsung TV and 3090. I don't know about a 5m one though.

I can also vouch for this cable. Running a 3m for my C9 and it fixed all the blackout/artefact issues I was having. As folk have said though, longer distances you're probably going to be looking at more expensive options; though if 3m wasn't enough for me - instead of spending triple figures on a cable I'd just have moved my PC closer to the TV :D

Soldato
It's going to end up being cheaper to move stuff closer together for some people, HDMI 2.1 cables max out at 3m for analog copper cables - so if you see any for sale over 3m, stay away from them you'll just get black/green screens from signal interference. If you need longer than 3m, optical cable if your only choice and its like 10 times more expensive.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not a certified cable so it might not, only Zeskit has the hologram and QR at the moment.
Why does it claim to be then on that very page? Last I heard they are working on getting the hologram stuff. But they are using the keywords in advertising that only certified cables can. Unless belkin is not as big as I think and have been sold off to a Chinese company that does not care?

Soldato
The one I have has a little light on the HDMi cable head , quite a nice touch for a 23 quid cable

Yup recommended that one earlier in thread but my comment was deleted. Using same one at 5M for £23 and has been faultless. 120hz @ 4k with HDR 4:4:4, G-Sync + Atmos passthrough. Gather OP picked up the same one and had success.

Not had any hiccups or issues with it at all.

Soldato
Yup recommended that one earlier in thread but my comment was deleted. Using same one at 5M for £23 and has been faultless. 120hz @ 4k with HDR 4:4:4, G-Sync + Atmos passthrough. Gather OP picked up the same one and had success.

I've given up on Ycrcb 444, doesn't work with anything but apparently RGB 12 Full is better anyway

Associate
OP

Having gone through a couple of cables this is the only one that works for me.

It is a shame that retailers are not policing this better, so many scam artists around.

Back
Top Bottom