Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
When I renewed my contract I just stated the current new customer price and that was that.
Never said I’d leave or anything, just wanted to pay less than the £139 it was going to and thought it was fair to get the current deal.

Just had an email to update my V6 boxes to the 360 software and remotes. Guess I’ll apply and give it a try. Wonder when we’ll get more than BT Sport and Virgin random channel in UHD, anyone know? Would be nice to get Sky Sports and Movies at least!

Associate
Been on the "ultimate ooph" package for a year now, came to renewal and they wanted £95pm (£15 more than we were paying) - said no thanks and got a call back two days later offering us the same price we're currently playing.

Haven't decided if we're going to go with it or go back to FTTC though.

Soldato
Only if you're a new customer. I've had a nightmare with retention, they won't offer me a thing. Even with canceling.

I'd snap that deal up immediately

Wondering if I could cancel and my girlfriend could sign up as a new customer?

Yes she could. Retentions offers are generally criteria guided these days, it’s also down to an individual rep’s target and budget, so you may have just been unlucky.

Soldato
Quick question guys, does the engineer on the day do the digging or do they do it a few days before and do they put your garden back how it was? The cable stops just outside my garden and will need to be dug in through my garden to the side of my house(about 6m), I received a text saying “ hi it’s virgin media before your installation for your telephone broadband on Saturday, the 5th of December can take place we need to do some external work at ********** we’ll come ahead of your install you won’t have to be there while we work please clock reply confirm if this is okay” the last thing I want is for them to rock up next Saturday for him to say it needs dug in so your going to have to wait and be without telephone/BB for weeks on end

Soldato
The pre-pull team will trench it 6" deep to the outside of the property, they will reinstate the ground etc. within reason, they won't lift paving slabs, block paving, drives etc. the install engineer on the day will connect both ends and drill through the external wall/fit the inside point, set-up etc.

Soldato
The pre-pull team will trench it 6" deep to the outside of the property, they will reinstate the ground etc. within reason, they won't lift paving slabs, block paving, drives etc. the install engineer on the day will connect both ends and drill through the external wall/fit the inside point, set-up etc.
That’s going to be a bit of a problem for me then because the last 2m against the whole side of my house Is paved, how will it be installed for the last 2m, do you have any idea?

Soldato
That’s going to be a bit of a problem for me then because the last 2m against the whole side of my house Is paved, how will it be installed for the last 2m, do you have any idea?

You would need to lift the slabs you want the cable laid under prior to them coming and reinstate them after - they won't touch them.

Soldato
It could be run for example along the edge of the paving at the boundary and then brought along the wall to the entry point, but you'd need to discuss that with the pre-install team.

Soldato
Is this the place to share my Cable Modem Status? Power, SNR etc? I have terrible stability issues, with speed all over the place. Upload is less than half a meg which is making WFH impossible.

The dBmV range is 22-24.6 at 38 dB SNR across Channels 1 - 24. Before I sit on hold for hours on end, would this indicate something that they can fix?

Soldato
Is this the place to share my Cable Modem Status? Power, SNR etc? I have terrible stability issues, with speed all over the place. Upload is less than half a meg which is making WFH impossible.

The dBmV range is 22-24.6 at 38 dB SNR across Channels 1 - 24. Before I sit on hold for hours on end, would this indicate something that they can fix?

You're better off posting to their community forums. They will then send a tech who will fiddle with your local pit and/or add some attenuators to get your power levels correct. It's not something they can fix remotely. If you go through the phones, you'll have to tell them this to get the phone support people to book a tech.

Soldato
It could be run for example along the edge of the paving at the boundary and then brought along the wall to the entry point, but you'd need to discuss that with the pre-install team.
Quick question, I’m presuming you work for virgin(apologies if you don’t) a new deal came up last night(cheaper) so I rang up today and the guy switched me over and said I would get an email with all the new stuff on and contract, the email hasn’t arrived and the details on my virgin website haven’t changed either, is this something that takes a few days to change over? I just don’t want to lose this new deal of I wasn’t switched.

Soldato
Quick question, I’m presuming you work for virgin(apologies if you don’t) a new deal came up last night(cheaper) so I rang up today and the guy switched me over and said I would get an email with all the new stuff on and contract, the email hasn’t arrived and the details on my virgin website haven’t changed either, is this something that takes a few days to change over? I just don’t want to lose this new deal of I wasn’t switched.

I did for several years, but not anymore. The changes he will have made will show on the pending ICOMS order so anyone can check them for you if you are concerned. The systems side was (and still is) painful at times and while it got a lot better, one of the areas that was always sketchy was the interface between the ordering system and email. It’s perfectly possible whoever you spoke to has done exactly as you asked and believes the system will send you an automated email. It’s also perfectly possible that as they only did a slight variation (SV) on the pending order that it doesn’t.

Soldato
I did for several years, but not anymore. The changes he will have made will show on the pending ICOMS order so anyone can check them for you if you are concerned. The systems side was (and still is) painful at times and while it got a lot better, one of the areas that was always sketchy was the interface between the ordering system and email. It’s perfectly possible whoever you spoke to has done exactly as you asked and believes the system will send you an automated email. It’s also perfectly possible that as they only did a slight variation (SV) on the pending order that it doesn’t.
thanks for that mate, just wasn’t sure when I didn’t receive an email

Soldato
If you want to make sure, just give them a quick call and check, whoever you spoke to will have left notes on the account and even CS can check the order, as it’s not been installed yet it’ll have everything on it - all that needed doing was the services being installed changed and the correct offer code being applied. It’s worth mentioning that CS may not be familiar with the offer codes and how to check the order as it’s not normally something they are involved with, but it should 100% be in the notes aka customer comments (CC) screen.

Back
Top Bottom