Hunter: Call of the Wild - £5.99

Soldato
Is this game worth it for £6? I noticed it's on sale at the moment and quite fancy as slow paced multiplayer game even if it does involve shooting helpless animals

Guess its better than shooting them in real life!

Soldato
I was tempted but then I noticed the price with all the DLCs... how much do they add to the game? Due to the amount of DLC, does the base game not get stale fast?
The base game has been around for a few years and the DLC has been released steadily since to expand the world and keep the game fresh by introducing more variety to the landsacpes, different species to hunt, different weapons to hunt with and different challenges / storylines. The DLC is in no way neccesary to enjoy the base game so I would give the base game a go and if you get on with it then you can consider the DLC as and when you fancy a different location or trying different weapons. As has been mentioned it's not anything like a typical FPS it is very slow paced, very much a hunting simulator ~90% walking and enjoying the scenery and ~10% tracking / shooting, so the base game and each of the DLC areas can keep you occupied for quite a while as you explore them, complete the quests, and seek the elusive diamond tropies.

Soldato
Good game, bit of a grind till i think its a 7mm gun with a good scope.
I started with just the base game, but later cos sick of walking as i didnt have many huts unlockd so fast travel was limited so i bought the atv thing to help get around, its handling is poor and not as much fun as ud think it would be. Then i stopped playin for a bit but now with the sale ive bought a few reserves mainly for cooler animals like lions and bison etc and some of em have better quality models and textures i heard which should be nice. U also bought tents and the high back chair thingies as suppose to help a ton. Came to a tenner the dlc i got yesterday, hope its worth it. Not gona get any special weapon packs tho as there probs overpowered.

If you like just the enviroments and not hunting like me mostly for just to chill to it can look amazing.

Runs pretty good on high settings on my setup.

Soldato
@PieEater I'm familiar with the game. I once spent 3 hours hunting down a boar in The Hunter, but the model of paying for everything was what kept me away. I did like the idea when they released this game as just one price without needing to keep spending money to top up. I'll pick the base game up, cheers.

Caporegime
its a really good game. stick in the time and effort and you will spend a lot of fun time on it.

i do lots of content on it. if you want to see footage.

Soldato
Anyone still on the fence should really consider getting this! It's very good. I ended up purchasing the remaining DLC. Some DLC are very handy like tents, ATV and the equipment for night time.

its a really good game. stick in the time and effort and you will spend a lot of fun time on it.

i do lots of content on it. if you want to see footage.

Is The Hunter Classic game still ridiculously expensive? I remember having to buy a license to hunt animals and even visit each map.

Caporegime
Anyone still on the fence should really consider getting this! It's very good. I ended up purchasing the remaining DLC. Some DLC are very handy like tents, ATV and the equipment for night time.

Is The Hunter Classic game still ridiculously expensive? I remember having to buy a license to hunt animals and even visit each map.

its free to play now for quite while. you hunt and do missions to pay for items.

Soldato
I've restarted my game save and I'm aiming for a game that feels more real. I've got a set of rules I will abide by to make it more realistic. My plan is that I'll need to unlock guns and progress to hunt bigger and better things.

1. I'm keeping all Free DLC active as I believe they need to be purchased with in-game currency?
2. Tents is active with the rules of not using fast travel (this also goes for lodges) but requesting ATV is allowed (if requested away from road, needs to be driven towards nearest road).
3. Purchasing of items I will limit to the lodges and only use tents as a storage hub for what I own and sleeping.
4. ATV is active with the rules of not taking the ATV off road (over fields etc, anywhere that doesn't have a path).
5. High-Tech Hunting Pack is active for use of 5X50 Night Vision Binoculars only (for now).
6. Treestand & Tripod Pack is active and can be used

The only DLC I don't currently have active are "Duck and Cover Pack", "Smoking Barrels Weapon Pack", "Weapon Pack 2", "Weapon Pack 3", "Weapon Pack 1" and "Wild Goose Chase Gear".

Everything will eventually be activated for use but not until I feel ready for them.

its free to play now for quite while. you hunt and do missions to pay for items.

I'll have to check it out again then. How do you find Classic compares to CotW?

Caporegime
classic is a bit more for the hardcore player. call of the wild is more relaxed. both great different games. that cater for most.

Soldato
OP
I eventually found a deer, at quite close range, shot it with a rifle and it ran off!!?

Do they have bullet proof vests on or something :D

Soldato
OP
Yeah, they can be very tough :p. Especially if you don't hit any vital organs. I shot the same Red Deer 3 times tonight and I still couldn't find it in the end before I gave up on ever finding it dead.
A different weapon selection would be good. A gun that can kill animals in a hunting game (at close range) or even make it so it doesnt run off with no injuries wouldnt go a miss. Maybe a sniper rifle or LMG

It annoyed the hell out of my as I was playing for some time and thought, great, some hunting action! Shot it and it may aswell have laughed at me. Back to Warzone for a while, at least rifles injure people

Soldato
A different weapon selection would be good. A gun that can kill animals in a hunting game (at close range) or even make it so it doesnt run off with no injuries wouldnt go a miss. Maybe a sniper rifle or LMG

It annoyed the hell out of my as I was playing for some time and thought, great, some hunting action! Shot it and it may aswell have laughed at me. Back to Warzone for a while, at least rifles injure people

Did you go to the location it was shot and look for blood? Also if you shoot an animal that runs off and the map turns purple where you took the shot, I believe that's an indication the animal has collapsed somewhere and has now died.

Soldato
OP
Did you go to the location it was shot and look for blood? Also if you shoot an animal that runs off and the map turns purple where you took the shot, I believe that's an indication the animal has collapsed somewhere and has now died.
Yep, no blood that i could see

Soldato
I know this comment is old but the purple on map relates to hunting pressure in the area I.e it’s been over hunted and animals ran off elsewhere. After you hunt in other areas for a while the purple will go away.

Back
Top Bottom