• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I've always been Android, well since my HTC Magic! Which I think had Android 1 on it.

I recently got a car with ApplePlay, so got a iPhone SE 1st Gen to play with, ended up putting my sim in it and really being liking it!

Made the decision yesterday to buy the iPhone 12 Mini, in Blue, as it seems the perfect phone for me. Small, current and fluid.

Can't wait!
I’m so impressed with mine, having come from Android. It’s a lovely size and is much better made than any Android phone I’ve had. And all the apps just seem more polished.

My one gripe is that autocompleting addresses and card details doesn’t seem to work as well. For example, I tried to sign up for Apple TV yesterday, for which my card was needed. My card is in Apple pay but it didn't give me the option to insert the details. Anyone got any good workarounds for this?

Soldato
Heading over to the dark side, are you?
Ha! Thinking about dipping my toe in :D.
As mentioned I plan to buy the Pencil 2 as I recently acquired an iPad Pro (free of charge I should add). I have owned a MacBook Pro of some description since 2015 (currently the 16) and they are by far the best laptops I've ever used. Likewise the iPad is the best tablet I've ever used (owned a mini 2 a few years ago as well).
Anyhow, I got to thinking if I was shelling out for a pencil anyway if I could have gotten it free with an iPhone 12 purchase I would effectively be getting the phone for around £700. That way if I didn't like it I'd have no problem selling on for around that amount again.

Soldato
Ha! Thinking about dipping my toe in :D.

After spending what seems like forever fretting over which flawed Android phone to get, I gave up and bought a 128gb iPhone 12 to tide me over till the 120hz models come out. For the first time in ages I’m actually content with a phone, which is strange since I didn’t fall in love with the XS I had a few phones ago.

Associate
Cheers! Will see what they do with their prices on Friday and make a decision based on that.

It’s a shame to cover the 12 but it’s a bigger shame to drop and smash it. The Mous case does add a little bulk inevitably but personally don’t notice it as I’ve stepped down from an Xs max. Certainly improves the grip.

Soldato
After spending what seems like forever fretting over which flawed Android phone to get, I gave up and bought a 128gb iPhone 12 to tide me over till the 120hz models come out. For the first time in ages I’m actually content with a phone, which is strange since I didn’t fall in love with the XS I had a few phones ago.
It's odd isn't it, I'm so impressed having never enjoyed an iPhone before

Soldato
I'm finally willing to give it a go anyway and that is something I never thought I'd do.
10 or so years ago I'd have baulked at buying an iPhone over Android. You'd have had to prize whichever phone I had at the time out of my hands. I ran custom ROMs, rooted you name it and I loved the customisation. But alas perhaps I'm starting to show my age (mid 30s :p) I think I might be happier with just settling down with a nice reliable iPhone that does what I need it to.

As you say it seems the past few years have been a never ending cycle of trying to 'settle' on which Android to own. The original Pixel XL I think is the most I enjoyed a phone but that all went to pot from the 2XL. Ever since it's been jumping from pillar to post. And on that it's an absolute pain that when you change phones ( I've flitted between OnePlus and Samsung for the past few years) that you not only need a Google account but you also are coerced into having a Samsung account and a OnePlus account. The same could be said of Huawei among others.
One Apple ID, job done.
Time will tell...

Soldato
I’m so impressed with mine, having come from Android. It’s a lovely size and is much better made than any Android phone I’ve had. And all the apps just seem more polished.

My one gripe is that autocompleting addresses and card details doesn’t seem to work as well. For example, I tried to sign up for Apple TV yesterday, for which my card was needed. My card is in Apple pay but it didn't give me the option to insert the details. Anyone got any good workarounds for this?

I'm pretty sure the addresses and card details has been working on the 2016 SE, but I could be wrong!

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours, I'm sure I will too! :)

Soldato
Good to see everyone enjoying their iPhones :D I moved from Android years ago, mainly because they always fell short on one particular feature. Edit - and the fact that there’s just hundreds of handsets to choose from. It’s way too much choice and faff choosing the right one.

I also didn’t feel the need to spend hours customising and tinkering anymore. Felt like it was a bit of a waste of time.

best switch I ever made. I’m content that the phone just “works” (I mean, they alll do in reality , android/apple etc. This is just a more fluid and seamless experience IMO)

Edit. And as mentioned above you only need the one account to use the iPhone. I also left google a while ago too and migrated my email, photos and all other bits etc to iCloud.

Soldato
I'm glad to hear that, my 12 should be arriving on Monday/Tuesday all being well :D
Another potential reason that I thought of (in addition to my essay above :p) is that each year/2 years/or whenever there's not much decision making when deciding what to upgrade to. With Android every year it's a plethora of ads and review videos of all the different handsets, OnePlus, Samsung, Google, Huawei etc etc. With Apple it's 'do you want an iPhone?' Yep. Great here's 3/4 to choose from, job done.

Soldato
Going to get a 512GB 12 Pro when they come back in stock on Amazon. Currently have a 16GB 6S which I can't even update anymore without deleting all the apps I have on due to lack of storage space.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Absolutely loving my 12 pro. Usually I charge it overnight even though it’s around 50% but last night I forgot to put it in charge.
Woke up this morning and it’s at 40% and I still haven’t put it on charge.

Battery seems to get better and better, at first when I had it I was like well the battery isn’t that much better than my xs. But I guess it was draining quick as it was doing stuff in the background ie syncing etc.

Soldato
Absolutely loving my 12 pro. Usually I charge it overnight even though it’s around 50% but last night I forgot to put it in charge.

Battery seems to get better and better, at first when I had it I was like well the battery isn’t that much better than my xs. But I guess it was draining quick as it was doing stuff in the background ie syncing etc.
I think for the first few days it’s doing indexing of the file system in the background which does affect the battery life.

Soldato

Finding the the same :cool:

Soldato
Yeha battery is good for those days when you forget to charge, the 6s would die a few hours into the day, the 12, although I haven't forgotten to charge yet, would probably last the second day as I usually have mid to high 50's left at the end of a normal day..

Soldato
I got my mini early this morning and its bloody gorgeous, I came from an Iphone 6s so it was a big jump.

Sadly my case and protector are still on the way so i'm super worried I might scratch it haha.
Anyone got tips on things like battery longevity etc or other things to disable/enable for optimal use?

Loving it so far.

Back
Top Bottom