What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Could you give me a description of that one? I've been warned not to look it up because of spoilers, but .. not sure that they were serious?
I would definitely be very careful of spoilers as there are some HUGE ones

It's a third person open world game. You play as a young tribal woman some time in the 3000s after modern humanity and civilisation has vanished. There are animalistic machines
That's about all I can tell you without spoiling anything

I highly recommend it. One of the best games I've played recently

Associate
I would definitely be very careful of spoilers as there are some HUGE ones

It's a third person open world game. You play as a young tribal woman some time in the 3000s after modern humanity and civilisation has vanished. There are animalistic machines
That's about all I can tell you without spoiling anything

I highly recommend it. One of the best games I've played recently
Fair. Ghana of the year - or stick with vanilla?

Caporegime
Just finished Mass Effect 1 as the announcement of the new remaster wanted me to play it one last time "in the old way". It still looks pretty nice at 4K resolution and those >30fps are great. Beats 720p30 on the PS3. :p

It's going to be an interesting experience, something I've never done before. I'm going to try and kill as many of my crew as I can just to see what it's like in Mass Effect 3 when hardly any of them are around. Wrex and Ashley are dispatched. Now on to Mass Effect 2.

Associate
Looks a fun game but it's £55 on Steam. Will wait for a better price.
I'm on chapter 5 about 10 hours in and I think there's 15 chapters total so yeah, I'd probably say to wait. I don't think it's gonna meet the £1/hr an hour mark at this rate. Lots of side content to pad the time though so who knows

Associate
Metro 2033 Redux.

Finally have a system that can play it and damn it looks good in parts. I don't know if it assumed you've already played the original but i don't remember a tutorial about recharging the battery so got half way in before I realised my light wasn't crappy all the time!

Still, enjoying it a ton and looking forward to playing the other 2 over christmas

Associate
After beating Dark Souls again, I'm now on Dark Souls 3 again, turns out my save was gone so good excuse to start up. Feels easier going to DS3 from DS1.

Wrecked Ludyx Grudnyr on my first go, for those that don't know he's arguably the biggest roadblock in any game, but right at the start of the damn game, they make you solo it too as price of entry to the game proper.

Caused me grief on the Herald class to the point I almost quit the game when it released, but seems you can wreck it easily with the warrior class.

Features extremely precise gameplay and graphics style lacking from a lot of Western games. As an outside view of British and European medieval times they've done a better job than any Western developer in my view. Nothing quite gets that dank and dark castle atmosphere like the Souls games. Everything feels well put together likely because they did extremely thorough research. One of the helms you get in DS1 is a weird masked helm that was gifted to Henry 8th in 1511 by the Holy Roman Emperor Maximillian; there's some real elements of history in these games along with all the fantasy.

Also reading the Beserk manga, the main influence on the Dark Souls series which is full of extremely precise drawing style, particularly of weapons, armour, monsters and architecture that's reflected in the game series.

Associate
I'm on chapter 5 about 10 hours in and I think there's 15 chapters total so yeah, I'd probably say to wait. I don't think it's gonna meet the £1/hr an hour mark at this rate. Lots of side content to pad the time though so who knows
I retract this statement. 10 hours to get to chapter 5, but another 20 hours on and I'm still at the start of chapter 7

Soldato
As it was on special offer for £3ish I bought Firewatch - I have it on different formats but wanted to play it in it's full glory on the PC. It's also a stunning little game so I don't mind going through it again.

M.

Associate
Just started playing global offensive this week. Clocked thousands of hours on source back around 06-08 but nothing since. Never found counter strike this difficult before man, just about getting a 1kdr on some pub warm up servers at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom