Synology DS218j auto switch on after power cut - possible?

Associate
I recently set up a Synology DS218j NAS and just experienced a power cut. The NAS needed switching on again manually. If I were away from home when this happened I would not have access to it until I returned home to switch it on again. Is there an easy, inexpensive solution for the NAS to be able to power on again after a power cut without the need for me to manually push the "On" button?
Thanks.

Soldato
I thought a Synology NAS would automatically boot when power is restored. Maybe it's a setting that needs enabling.

Google 'synology resume after power failure'.

If power cuts are common consider a UPS so it can shutdown cleanly.

Associate
Bit late to the post….
Was your Synology NAS actually on and running or in standby mode (ready for wol)
when the power cut occurred?

Man of Honour
I hooked my NAS up through a UPS so as to avoid downtime from short power events and shutdown gracefully from longer ones - though the battery life on them isn't amazing - generally 3-5 years before you need to replace the battery or UPS.

Associate
I hooked my NAS up through a UPS so as to avoid downtime from short power events and shutdown gracefully from longer ones - though the battery life on them isn't amazing - generally 3-5 years before you need to replace the battery or UPS.

Can you wol your Synology NAS after a power cut and it was in standby and not actually running, with a ups connected ?

After a power cut with mine (in standby), it refuses to WOL ……

Man of Honour
Can you wol your Synology NAS after a power cut and it was in standby and not actually running, with a ups connected ?

After a power cut with mine (in standby), it refuses to WOL ……

Never tried - the only time power was down long enough I took the opportunity to do some maintenance and restarted manually.

Back
Top Bottom