Windows 10 FAQ

Soldato
I think it's finally solved - just waiting a phone call from a guy just down the road - he hasn't said what problem was but I bet you all a pack of Haribo it was operator error.

It will be back as it was on W7 so I can start again.

next job will be looking at updating my backup PC to something quicker - Already got W10 so don't have to worry about that.

I gave the guy a Samsung 250 gig SSD and it looks like it's working OK

Thanks to everyone trying to help a really old codger.

Soldato
To add to my "bag of knowledge" I would like to know what caused your problem! (another old Codger)

Owned / Repaired / Pulled apart / mended:

Zx81, Spectrum, BBC B, 286, 386, Pentium, several Intel based PCs, 2 AMD based PCs, tablets, Raspberry Pi devices, phones - so far . . . .

Last edited:
Permabanned
I think it's finally solved - just waiting a phone call from a guy just down the road - he hasn't said what problem was but I bet you all a pack of Haribo it was operator error.

It will be back as it was on W7 so I can start again.

next job will be looking at updating my backup PC to something quicker - Already got W10 so don't have to worry about that.

I gave the guy a Samsung 250 gig SSD and it looks like it's working OK

Thanks to everyone trying to help a really old codger.

Can you ask what the issue was and update us so we know what's gone on? :D

Soldato
Not really sure but a lot of it was operator error and lack of knowledge.

Took it back this morning as when I fired it up I had no USB so mouse and keyboard- phone charger didn't work. I did like his little usb plug in voltage checker which put the fault the motherboard way - So he is now going to put any up to date drivers on whatever he can.
I think a lot of errors came up because of my poking and hoping
When I built this and back up PC it all went well and I have had 7 yrs of faultless use out of it - there again I have moved from my 60s to 70s so perhaps I am starting to lose it - the wife certainly thinks so.

Thank all :confused::confused:

Back
Top Bottom