Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th - 30th Nov 2020]

Soldato
Not a single shot on target in the second half. Absolute toilet from back to front. Arteta needs to reevaluate how he wants us to play as there is not point not conceding as many if we still lose game after game.

Caporegime
Weird Arsenal performance. Auba makes run after run behind the defence and no one plays him in and when he holds it up, he gets no support.

Hard to see what impact Arteta has had on their style of play in a year but they look so much weaker in attack under him.

Soldato
I wish i knew how to post tweets but :

Jimenez was unconscious for an hour after he was carried off & he’s still looked livelier than Aubameyang

LOL

Associate
Arsenal have looked the same for last 5 PL games, negative, slow, no threat upfront, Leno probably made more passes and touched the ball more than Aubameyang, what does that say about this team? What is Arteta doing? Has he even got a plan B because Plan A is failing miserably. I don't think he has.

Man of Honour
OP
This might be the worst arsenal team I've seen in my lifetime, Emery's Arsenal wasn't this bad.

I'd happily take Eriksen on loan or whatever. Surely even a lazy old Ozil can at least put balls in to Auba/Pepe/Laca to run onto.

Emery did well before he came to us and he's doing well again after leaving us, I don't think Arteta is a bad coach either so it's hard to see what's going wrong. Emery had the initial good run too like Arteta, and it eventually flat lined like we are now.

Need to get Partey fit asap, and bring in someone who can drive us forward. Grealish would be perfect but that's never happening.

Soldato
Arsenal need to be patient though. Its easy to sack a manager but for who? Who in their right mind goes to a club that fires managers after 30 games?

My first choice for Arsenal would be Nagelsmann but thats a risk with him being 33.

Soldato
This might be the worst arsenal team I've seen in my lifetime, Emery's Arsenal wasn't this bad.

I'd happily take Eriksen on loan or whatever. Surely even a lazy old Ozil can at least put balls in to Auba/Pepe/Laca to run onto.

Emery did well before he came to us and he's doing well again after leaving us, I don't think Arteta is a bad coach either so it's hard to see what's going wrong. Emery had the initial good run too like Arteta, and it eventually flat lined like we are now.

Need to get Partey fit asap, and bring in someone who can drive us forward. Grealish would be perfect but that's never happening.

Surely the person to drive you forward is Partey?

Tony Cascarino is a absolute tool BUT he said this about Aubameyang in 2019 :

His job is to score goals and he does that very well. Better than most other players, in fact.

This season alone he has 13 goals in 19 games while in 84 Arsenal games since he joined, he has scored 54 goals with 13 assists.

Most would think he’s more than fulfilling his end of his Arsenal contract.

But not Tony Cascarino, who is paid by The Times for his ‘insight’.

“Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored last night but he really hurts Arsenal with his poor attitude,” he wrote. “People talk about his goalscoring record — and it is indeed very good — but he needs to be a team player. Last night [against West Ham] he was just letting opposing defenders head the ball away without even making a challenge.

“Along with Mesut Özil, he is the laziest player in the side. His work ethic for a senior player is bordering on disgusting. Last week against Brighton & Hove Albion he remonstrated with Joe Willock, his young colleague, when he should be encouraging him. He would be the first one out of the club if it was up to me.”

He's absolutely bang on here. This is from an Arsenal blog taking the mickey out of Cascarino...People get absolutely blinded by goals.

fez

fez

Caporegime
He's absolutely bang on here. This is from an Arsenal blog taking the mickey out of Cascarino...People get absolutely blinded by goals.

This is lost on a lot of people. It doesn’t matter how many you score if you are a negative influence on your team. People defended Rooney for years at the end of his time at United and pointed to his goals and assists. He literally brought the whole team down and made it impossible to play in any way but his way.

Its not necessarily about work rate, it’s about how well you suit the system and your positive vs negative impact on the team.

Currently at United we have this issue with Pogba. Brilliant at times but generally he isn’t worth it. If that player that wins you the odd game with a spot of brilliance is the reason you need those moments of brilliance a lot, they aren’t worth it.

Soldato
There was a stat recently that this team are the 2nd worst in the league at progressing the ball into the final 3rd (I think Newcastle were top) and... it shows.

It’s not as bad as peak Emery; I can’t forget the sheer amount of chances opposing teams were given free reign to take, the lack any defence, the panic, Leno being the best player in the side most weeks. Team is much better at the back than it was (a low bar to clear, admittedly), the issue is they only seem to perform outside of playing jobber EL teams when under the cosh for most of the team and having to play on the counter like against United. Every game where there’s a decent bit of possession and onus is to do something with it, it’s been a car crash, like they got okay at playing with a lot of structure to stop leaking goals and as soon as they’re asked to liberate themselves a bit and make something happen at the other end the pipe’s burst again.

Would also note as bad as this has been, a lot of other teams are all over the place as well although obviously some semblance of normal order is resuming at the top.

Back
Top Bottom