PC and cancel culture, what are the pros and cons?

Soldato
Tbh, no, I don’t need telling though so. I imagine it must get very draining when you do. Especially when it’s the same things over and over.

Capodecina
Soldato
Cancel culture? What the hell is that? ******* **** off with your ******* shill social media-induced meme speak, God, I hate this ****. ****.

EDIT: I got annoyed.

Last edited:
Caporegime
There's no such thing as a cancel culture.

You are entitled to say (almost) whatever you want. You are not entitled to a platform or an audience. That's never changed.

Err, yes there is, people proudly admit to participating in it.

We saw #cancelnetflix trending for example recently.

Why ‘Cancel Netflix’ is trending - The Verge

Groups of conservative provocateurs, QAnon supporters, and others on social media have jumped on the release of the French coming-of-age film Cuties and a trending “Cancel Netflix” hashtag to associate the company with pedophilia.

This isn’t the first time that people have tried to cancel Netflix. Republicans tried it in 2018 following Netflix’s confirmation that it had signed a multiyear deal with Barack and Michelle Obama to produce a series of titles. Earlier this year, people threatened to cancel Netflix over 365 Days, a movie that petitioners argued glorified sexual violence against women. And, at the same time that people are calling for others to cancel Netflix over Cuties, there’s a petition from fans of shows like Jessica Jones, The OA, and Anne with an E, hosting a “cancel Netflix” campaign to try to bring attention to their favorite series that have been canceled.

Back
Top Bottom