Which 2x32gb (64) ram should I get for a new ryzen build.

Associate
Ive been looking at ram for 3 days and I cant decide.

Im only going to game about 20% and the rest is productivity. I love my current ram drive and its only 12 gigs, so throwing another 32 in my system Ill be able to get maybe a 40gb ram drive and that will be awesome.

I havnt decided if Im going to want bling (lights) or not. Going to go with some other lights in my system so not sure Ill need it on the ram. (3 front fans, 2 upper fans on a radiator, 1 fan in the back and a gpu that lights up really well).

I dont want 4x16, Id like the option of expanding in the future if I really want too; and yes I want 64, my ram drive is like the entrance hallway for a home; always 'plopping' my things there and then siphoning them off elsewhere once Im done.

I see corsair has some cheaper stuff 2x32
VENGEANCE LPX 64GB (2X32GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHZ
or of course they go up to 3600 with c18
or I see gskill does some trident with some bling on it that got some decent reviews but I heard the software is a pain to use because you cant use it with icue (corsair) most likely I will be getting a corsair 500rgb case (still working on the parts).

Im actually leaning away from the bling atm but who knows its an option. Just go with that cheapest as mentioned above or? ...
thanks

Associate
I'd avoid Corsair if you are looking to add more sticks later. They frequently change the chips in their kits without changing the model number so the kit you buy later has no guarantee of being plug and play compatible with the kit you have now. Stick with Crucial Ballistix, you know you're always going to be getting Micron memory that way. You have a choice of RGB and non RGB, various colours of heatspreaders and various speed ratings too.

Associate
OP
I'd avoid Corsair if you are looking to add more sticks later. They frequently change the chips in their kits without changing the model number so the kit you buy later has no guarantee of being plug and play compatible with the kit you have now. Stick with Crucial Ballistix, you know you're always going to be getting Micron memory that way. You have a choice of RGB and non RGB, various colours of heatspreaders and various speed ratings too.

You know I think your right. I like the idea of some crucial mem, had it in the past and have 3 of their ssds and rate them well. Thanks for the heads up. I may want to upgrade in the future so this is important. Going with crucial Ballistix.

Back
Top Bottom