NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Does anyone has an issue with glass panel where the black bottom border starts to break/peel off inside? Probably noticeable only with white case.
mGcPaI3.jpg
bt1XewB.jpg

Associate
Im dying internally, I have landed both 5800x and 6800xt sitting next to my NR200p and the rest of components. And I can't find any SFX PSU 650W or higher anywhere in Europe. Its so frustrating, never have thought that PSU instead of cpu/gpu will stop me from building my pc. FML
Just reading this now, I checked my local Amazon and they have the SF600 in stock (https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07D82XYDP/), you should be able to order it from Europe and shipping shouldn't get too high.
The SF750 is not in stock at the moment but it lets you order it, if you can wait until they restock: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07KZ9P5GP.

Associate
Hello Guys,

Been reading for quite a time A LOT on the subject and finally pulled the trigger on the following :

NR200P White
Rog Strix B550i (for the lower cpu slot and to allow clearance for a top left fan)
Ryzen 5600x
CoolerMaster V750 sfx (hardest part to get surprisingly)
16go Ballistix Ram
1to nvme ssd
Still waiting to find a 3080 (preferably one I can easily deshroud and that gives a nice flat plate)

Now on the cooling part, and that's the reason of my message :

My plan is to go with the mesh panel, an NH C14s with the given 140mm fan mounted on the side panel as intake, pushing fresh air toward the C14 and an additional 120mm below pulling the air towards the MOBO.

2x fan at the bottom below the (deshrouded) 3080 as intake
2x fan on top as exhaust

I don't want to go with AIO because it's my first build in 15 years + not quite confident with all the running parts in the pump + noise + the 5600x is not that hot.

Here's my several questions :

In the 99 page of this discussion I've only seen a couple message on the NH C14s, does anyone have more feedback on this ?

Do you think it can be detrimental to the C14 airflow to have an exhaust fan mounted on the top left of the case, I'm thinking that it can prevent some fresh air coming from the side of the case to reach the mobo ?

Is there any benefit to have a small fan at the back of the case?

Is there any benefit to have another fan on the side next to the 140mm facing the PSU (either exhaust or intake ) ?

As more insights the PC will be quite far from me (2m) as it will be for a living room setup.

Sory for the long long message, I'll appreciate if any one of you can help me finish my setup :)

Look up Machines and More on Youtube. He has a great video summarising the C14S in the NR200.

The exhaust fan on top above the cooler is essential. Otherwise you end up with heat trapped above the motherboard. Make sure the fins on the C14S are aligned so air can pass from bottom to top.

Don't bother with a 92mm exhaust fan, especially as the fins on the C14S should block its airflow if mounted as described above.

As for the 2nd intake fan, it might have a good benefit if you decide to have both the top and bottom fans as exhaust. If you look up Optimum Tech on Youtube, there are several videos where he deshrouds a graphics card in the NCase M1 and finds that it performs better with air being exhausted.

Hope this is helpful.

Associate
Does the case come with a vented panel alongside the tempered glass?

I know there are two skus and the UK seems to only get the TG variant but would be ideal if the case came with both...

Associate
NR200
Ryzen 5 3600 OC’d at 3900mhz
NH-L9a for the cooler
RTX 2060KO
SF600

With the CPU cooler venting straight out the side panel, and the GPU venting out the bottom of the case, I’m currently not entirely sure what the optimal fan position either intake or exhaust would be for my system.

Associate
For those people interested in a top mounted radiator without inverting the case, I've managed to fit a Kraken X63 on to the top of the NR200.

Without the top panel the X63 fits neatly on the top, overlapping the side rails by about 5mm each side, the 14cm fans fit flush underneath the side rails between the protrusions that stick down.

The screws holding the fans to the radiator are clear of the side rails and hold the radiator and fans firmly in place, with the side rails in between

It doesn't look too bad but I might use some painted wood strips to surround the radiator to make it a bit neater.
I had to detach the mains socket to allow the fans to fit, so it's dangling down the back, will replace it with a longer cable direct to the PSU.

Ignore the cabling lol, still tidying it up!

SOOASuz.jpg

rL0YUjt.jpg
SOOASuz

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure why the image is not appearing, will check and repost if I find the problem.

Maybe it's because I'm a noobie on the forum!

Soldato
OP
You need URLs for the actual images, hence the problems. For example:

https://i.imgur.com/SOOASuz_d.webp

Also, the forum doesn't support webp, so you'll need to reupload them as jpg.

Interesting idea though. I believe it's also possible to squeeze a 280mm rad in the bottom. A top-hat mod could turn the NR200 in to a water cooling beast.

Last edited:
Associate
You need URLs for the actual images, hence the problems. For example:

https://i.imgur.com/SOOASuz_d.webp

Also, the forum doesn't support webp, so you'll need to reupload them as jpg.

Interesting idea though. I believe it's also possible to squeeze a 280mm rad in the bottom. A top-hat mod could turn the NR200 in to a water cooling beast.

Thanks, managed to get the jpeg links and pasted them in the post.

Thanks for your help!

Associate
I’ll be honest, I would have just used the vented side panel or put the AIO in the bottom and dealt it it’s reduced lifespan.

This works with the glass side panel, but you're right the side mounted radiator is a more sensible option, especially once I manage to get a better GPU.

Soldato
I get why you did it but as it doesn’t actually fit, the look would really bother me. If I was going down the AIO with the glass route I would just chuck it in the bottom and not cared if the internet raged out about it. No one cared before GN made that video and I can’t see myself caring now, I know it could potentially reduce the lifespan of the cooler. That’s just my view though and probably isn’t shared by others:p

Back
Top Bottom