NZXT H1

Associate
Front Panel - fPXORJn.jpg LMA3TJe.jpg

Managed to replace the NZXT fan on the AIO to the Noctua NF - A14 140mm. I've kept the rubber vibration pads in and was also suprised to find the fan cage fitted quite easily over the top. The 3 x 40mm Fans arrive tomorrow and I'll also be moving my whole build to this case, from a Dan A4. I'll update as I go :)

The AIO & Fan were plasticuffed very tight - had to carefully use a nail clippers to separate. See pics:

ocj700D.jpg NwChTKq.jpg S45HxBu.jpg

Associate
Hmmm apparently there's been a recall of the NZXT H1 due to a fire risk. More info from NZXT's representative on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NZXT/comments/k26whj/h1_safety_issue/

Does anyone know what plastic screws I need to buy as I bought this second hand so will buy the screws myself and replace myself.

Which part do I replace - the Riser on the MB or the Riser end where the graphics card is plugged into ?

Associate
Does anyone know what plastic screws I need to buy as I bought this second hand so will buy the screws myself and replace myself.

Which part do I replace - the Riser on the MB or the Riser end where the graphics card is plugged into ?

From their new blog post it sounds like the screws nearest to where the graphics card is plugged in:
"We have identified that the two screws that attach the PCIe Riser assembly to the chassis..."

Associate
Hmmm apparently there's been a recall of the NZXT H1 due to a fire risk. More info from NZXT's representative on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NZXT/comments/k26whj/h1_safety_issue/

I only heard about this today and have just raised a CS ticket to see if I’ll get the replacement parts. I have already bought a PCIE 4.0 riser to replace it but will hold off on using it until the kit comes I guess.

between this and the 3080 fiasco my new rig is cursed I swear. :D

Associate
NZXT Scrambles to Fix a Safety Issue with the H1 Case
by btarunr Today, 04:28 Discuss (1 Comment)
NZXT responded to customer complaints about a safety issue with its H1 small form-factor case, which it released in February, 2020. Apparently, the two screws that hold down the PCIe riser assembly to the chassis may cause an electrical short-circuit, and poses a potential fire hazard, although the company mentions that this event has a "a low probability [of] occurrence." NZXT on Saturday (November 28, 2020) released a statement in which it mentions that fewer than ten H1 cases in circulation have been affected by the issue as of the statement date. The company has stopped shipments of the H1, and asked retailers to pause its sales.

NZXT says that it is working closely with the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission and similar authorities around the globe to dispense information to end-users, as well as promptly dispatch remedies. NZXT recommends that end-users power down their H1 case to be absolutely sure of safety, until the company can send a screw replacement and repair kit to remedy the issue. This kit contains a set of replacement screws for the PCIe riser assembly, that correct the problem, and materials that enable end-users to repair their cases at home.

https://www.techpowerup.com/275356/nzxt-scrambles-to-fix-a-safety-issue-with-the-h1-case

Associate
Well, customer service just went straight to refund, and asked when they could pick the case up.

Nothing about having spoken with NZXT on customers behalf to try and solve the problem. I didn’t spend considerable money on custom front and back panels to not have this case. Just immediately to the quickest way to solve the problem for them rather than their customer.

Swear to god I am done with OC.

Associate
Well, customer service just went straight to refund, and asked when they could pick the case up.

Nothing about having spoken with NZXT on customers behalf to try and solve the problem. I didn’t spend considerable money on custom front and back panels to not have this case. Just immediately to the quickest way to solve the problem for them rather than their customer.

Swear to god I am done with OC.

OcUK went straight to refund? or NZXT?

Associate
Any of the fine inhabitants of this forum have a H1 and a set of callipers?

I don’t, but this seems like such an easy fix by ordering some nylon screws but I don’t know the correct length or diameter.

edit: corrected bad spelling

Last edited:
Associate
I emailed NZXT directly using the email on their Reddit post and got this reply:

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concerns with the H1 case.

At this time, our team is working with the CPSC (US Consumer Product Safety Commission) and proper authorities in every region that the H1 case was sold to offer solutions and information to affected customers. We believe this incident is only affecting a small percentage of the H1 cases, but we want to be overly cautious and provide this solution to everyone.

We are putting together a simple to use repair kit that you can use to prevent this problem if you did not want to send your case back. This kit should be ready very soon and we will update you as soon as it is available.

We’d love to help get this issue fixed as soon as possible, would you please provide us with the following information?

First and Last name:
Full Shipping Address:
NZXT / BLD order number:
Third-party retailer receipt/invoice (screenshot or pdf):
H1 Serial number (found at the bottom of the case):

For any specific questions regarding the H1, we will update you with information as soon as it is made available.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding, we appreciate your continued support.

Sounds like people's best bet is just to wait to be sent the replacement screws by NZXT. No way am I going with the refund option as I too have invested in custom front and back panels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom