Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Associate
8GB sticks are I’m told single rank so that should be fine using all 4 slots, in fact i was reading somewhere that was preferable to 2 x 16GB but of course you do lose further upgrade options

Soldato
Think I answered my own question testing my old board. Without a CPU installed it is literally dead, apart from the LED being present (same as Auros). Good that you can update BIOS in a ‘dead’ state though.

I’m trying to do the same thing as my Master arrived today. Usb with the bios plugged in the right port. I’ve got the psu plugged in but the psu doesn’t turn on when I press the power button on the motherboard. The only thing that lights up on the motherboard is the clearCMOS button and that’s it?

Any ideas?

EDIT:

A good long press on the Q-flash button and she powered up and done her thing. Took about 3 min.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, I am looking for some help... I just got this board but don’t have a CPU or RAM yet but want to make sure the board is ‘OK’ as can be. I have connected a PSU to it and successfully used QFlash plus and updated the BIOS. But, if I use the power button on the board, nothing happens, at all. Surely the board should power on, LEDs etc and error codes? But literally nothing happens... normal? Maybe power button dead? Sorry if noob question, I’ve been out of the game for a long time!
What's the mechanism for this? Just pulled the trigger on my Master... Is it "insert USB in predefined socket, push the button" type of thing?

Caporegime
I've got the Xtreme not the master, but I installed 31E BIOS last night and now with the exact same memory settings I was using on F21, Windows is really unstable

It was rock solid before.

Associate
Nope not getting my 5950X till end of the month. At least my Master is all flashed and ready to go.

Not in any rush my X99 system is fine.
Aye same boat here - X99 + hex core Broadwell. It's served me well so I can wait a little bit longer.

One of the reasons I pulled the trigger now on a new build wasn't just the timing of the 5000 series release, I wanted to avoid availability issues going into the end of the year for the parts I identified and also avoid any Brexit related import price hikes come January.

Associate
Hi guys. Any of you owning aorus master and 5000 series CPU could recommend wether I should pick f30 or f31e bios? I know f31e is only beta just wondering if you are happy enough with f30 while on zen 3

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys. Any of you owning aorus master and 5000 series CPU could recommend wether I should pick f30 or f31e bios? I know f31e is only beta just wondering if you are happy enough with f30 while on zen 3

Not sure if this is still relevant but if it's not obvious there are newer BIOS - F31j although marked AGESA 1.1.0.0 has the PBO2 undervolting curve optimisations and it's been very good with my 5950x so far

Associate
I am still on F21 bios with a 3700x
Would I see any performance gains updating to latest bios - or is it mainly just for newer CPU?

It's just been mainly Zen3 support, updated ABL, QVL support etc. If your system's working well I personally wouldn't update until there's a compelling reason to.

Associate
New beta BIOS is out F31l. This improves FCLK overclocking!
I've managed to finally hit 4000mhz on my TeamGroup 8pack CL16 RAM (3600mhz default) and 2000FCLK. First time ever I've been able to get the machine to ever POST with this setup.

This is certainly interesting. Never quite thought those frequencies would be achievable but here we are. I should mention im running a 5900x. Not sure how much it will help those with 3rd gen Ryzen still.

Back
Top Bottom