*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
For digital versions of games does it actually matter which currency you bought it in?
Are they all th same version or will you be getting the Russian version of the game?

E.g. Physical games are different based on the localisation

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
when developers start releasing games that are actually finished, bug free and stop charging so much then maybe people would stop doing it
especially when they expect you to pay up-front for a game that might not perform as expected
True that, works both ways. That is why I rarely buy games on release. I have Dying Light 2 and Bloodlines 2 on preorder over at CD-Keys. Not cheap even at around £36, but at least I can just about stomach that price as they are my type of games. Charing £50+ is looney for a game you cannot even sell on.

Associate
Need some help please. I want to buy a physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 - Christmas present from the wife.

If I buy it does it come with a code to download the game from GOG? From what I have read I won't get a code in the box for steam. Now, having never used GOG, does it work the same way as steam in that you just activate the game on GOG and it downloads directly? I don't have a CD/DVD drive in the PC so it's no good ordering the physical copy if I have to use the discs.

Thanks.

Associate
Need some help please. I want to buy a physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 - Christmas present from the wife.

If I buy it does it come with a code to download the game from GOG? From what I have read I won't get a code in the box for steam. Now, having never used GOG, does it work the same way as steam in that you just activate the game on GOG and it downloads directly? I don't have a CD/DVD drive in the PC so it's no good ordering the physical copy if I have to use the discs.

Thanks.

yeh, GoG works in just the same way as Steam. :)

Soldato
Release day rolls round and people eagerly start up the game, only to be greeted in Russian.

I would genuinely laugh, then buy a new copy :D.

Yep same here. I'd think lesson learned and buy a new copy. It's cost me £20.70, with PayPal's conversion, so I wouldn't lose any sleep. Actually, I've always wanted to learn Russian.

Soldato
Is it backwards compatible for the ps5 then? Do I need to buy the PS4 version for my ps5? As it seems as though the Xbox series x and ps5 versions are an upgrade at a later date?

Associate
True that, works both ways. That is why I rarely buy games on release. I have Dying Light 2 and Bloodlines 2 on preorder over at CD-Keys. Not cheap even at around £36, but at least I can just about stomach that price as they are my type of games. Charing £50+ is looney for a game you cannot even sell on.

There's been no news on Dying Light 2 for ages. Got we worried because im really excited for it.

Back
Top Bottom