• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Depends when you get your card. They supplied the codes to customers that are able to use them as they received their cards. For the rest of the people who did not receive their cards could be too late as it was written "until stock last". Also, even tho you will receive your code but your card would be outside the redemption period you would have nothing more than a number. Therefore, IMHO, they have "decided" to give the codes to all people that can actually enjoy the game as they got their cards. Codes can be redeemed ONLY with RTX 3xxx cards installed in your system.

OCUK should communicate this to us, not when prompted.

The problem wouldn'd persist if the availability of the card woud be normal. It looks like OCUK made this decision and I do understand it.

I also agree that it's not fair and that it was not communicated at all. It was a RICHARD move from their side.

Let us know what TS will say

EDIT: I just noticed someone reply they contacted TS..

I received my card last week and from my understanding the last day of redemption is today. I also ordered on laumch day.

I've created a post in the customer service section but if I don't get my codes I will be going to trading standards and none of this was communicated to me and there was nothing in the invoices etc regardingimited availability.

Associate
I received my card last week and from my understanding the last day of redemption is today. I also ordered on laumch day.

I've created a post in the customer service section but if I don't get my codes I will be going to trading standards and none of this was communicated to me and there was nothing in the invoices etc regardingimited availability.

Unfortunately i doubt it will get you anywhere.. its all covered by their T&C's. Anything on the invoice is 'Subject to availability', if you order something out of stock your entitled to a refund of what you paid, which in this case is £0.00. Im as gutted as you are, as Watch Dogs is a game i would have bought anyways but i dont think there is much we can do about it?

Associate

I think the availability was written on promo page.

OCUK never communicated the cahange to "first shipped first served".

I hope you will get your code

Associate
Well I just managed to bag a Gaming X trio as some came into stock with a competitor. Paid a bit more that I would have liked to but as I was still 867th in line for the tuf OC and Cyberpunk release is almost upon us it was a no brainer for me.
Good luck folks!

Associate
Has anyone tried calling Overclockers lately? How long does it normally take them to answer? I've been waiting nearly 50 minutes without a response and just wondering if there's a technical issue and I'm waiting for no reason, or if this is part of their "wonderful" customer experience?
Lots of people have reported extremely long wait times when calling - if it's something you can do with their webforms, use those, they respond faster.

Associate
Just got a shipping email from OCUK for my Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080

Order placed - 17 Sept 16:57:44
Order acknowledgment- 21 Sept
Queue position 2 Oct - 82
15th Oct - 68
23rd Oct - 67
30th Oct - 65
6th Nov - 58
13th Nov - 18
20th Nov - 18
27th Nov - 2
30th Nov - Shipped

Been a frustrating experience to say the least, but got there in the end. Wish I had heard of/ used Discord before. Hope the damn card doesn’t have the power connector issue reported elsewhere.

Have to say, I would blame Nvidia for this ***kup, but OCUK must improve communication.

Will still hang out here in case I can help anyone. Best

Associate
Closing on almost a full week with no update post from Gibbo. Updates like "no cards coming in this week" would be better than no communication. Brilliant updates from OCUK.

Associate
Closing on almost a full week with no update post from Gibbo. Updates like "no cards coming in this week" would be better than no communication. Brilliant updates from OCUK.

I would assume that means that there are no updates? Asus delivery is the next known incoming.

Associate
Well I just managed to bag a Gaming X trio as some came into stock with a competitor. Paid a bit more that I would have liked to but as I was still 867th in line for the tuf OC and Cyberpunk release is almost upon us it was a no brainer for me.
Good luck folks!

I'm on the various Discord/Telegram/Twitter groups and I've had no notifications all morning, where are people getting them from?!?

Associate
i do wonder if the update Gibbo gave us from ASUS was only under duress since they're getting bombarded by people like me on their various CS avenues.

by saying "okay amount" the ASUS rep will see it and think that sounds about right for the 50-odd non-OC TUFs they've they've supplied, while being vague enough that OCUK can put 30-odd of them can go into pre-builts or shuffle them out the back door.

sadly there's a conspiracy of silence between both OCUK and ASUS which means the customer as always ends up the one being shafted.

Associate
Any other Gigabyte gaming OC confirmations this morning my dudes? Queue position 2 has gone and god knows where these shipments have come from as they weren't announced...

Associate
Can they do that though? I don't believe it was stated in the T&Cs of the sale. I'll be calling training standards if that's the case, as my invoice

They accepted an order that included a promotional offer, pretended to be honouring it for nearly 11 weeks only to deliver less than was offered at the same price. Intentional or not, that is the script of a bait and switch scam.

Associate
Just got a shipping email from OCUK for my Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080

Order placed - 17 Sept 16:57:44
Order acknowledgment- 21 Sept
Queue position 2 Oct - 82
15th Oct - 68
23rd Oct - 67
30th Oct - 65
6th Nov - 58
13th Nov - 18
20th Nov - 18
27th Nov - 2
30th Nov - Shipped

Been a frustrating experience to say the least, but got there in the end. Wish I had heard of/ used Discord before. Hope the damn card doesn’t have the power connector issue reported elsewhere.

Have to say, I would blame Nvidia for this ***kup, but OCUK must improve communication.

Will still hang out here in case I can help anyone. Best
Enjoy I am 55 so now I am at least 53...Can anyone else in the Gaming OC queue sound off? @Gibbo since @GIGA-Man has gone AWOL, you need to pick the updates up again! Thank you and Please...

Back
Top Bottom