F1 ID pass sign?

Associate
OP
I doubt the poster will have legit bardcodes which I am not interested in. Just want to see what variants of badges there are.

Associate
There are a mahoosive amounts of differing ID's.

I can probably take a photo of my media ID from the 2016 season if you are interested.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’ve often wondered the same. It would be good to see the different variations... have you tried tweeting F1 / Liberty and asking?

Associate
Indeed. The hard/impossible part will be to create a legit barcode/QR/RFID tag they have on them which you have to scan to get in to the paddock.

- Edited to make the point clearer.

Even that won't work because if I remember correctly your unique pass is whitelisted per event (maybe not the season passes though). It also loads your photo and displays it on screen for security to see.

Edit: OP if you're interested, the first line are season long passes, left to right: VIP/all access I think, FIA gold pass, pit + pit wall (red), paddock access only, unsure - paddock club probably, other non-paddock access.

The second section are event specific passes that follow the same colour scheme.

The third section probably day passes but don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks very interesting. So the £3k Paddock Club tickets are quite restricted. The VVIPs that get on the grid walk must have the Plat pass.

2651F54F00000578-0-image-m-11_1425498004668.jpg

2651FEC400000578-0-image-m-10_1425497989988.jpg

Associate
Thanks very interesting. So the £3k Paddock Club tickets are quite restricted. The VVIPs that get on the grid walk must have the Plat pass.

Yeah paddock club ticket holders can only go into the pit lane during a few specified times over the weekend. Pretty sure they have paddock access the whole time though. Season passes with grid access have a special lanyard on them IIRC. VIPs probably get a grid pass for the event by whoever invited them.

Soldato
I have this one from Spa in 2013, FIA VIP, had full roaming of the pit and paddock, but also helps when you know somebody who has worked in F1 for 25+ years and works for the FIA...Hopefully will get a chance to get to another race next year when something like normal returns.

Soldato
I'd love to go to a race weekend with paddock and pit access, still a dream of mine.

I wanted to do my first race weekend this year but couldn't afford to go - and Covid stopped that anyway.

One day I'll take a loan out and just go for it I think. Once in a lifetime sort of thing.

I was also looking at packages that Williams were offering; Tour of their historical and modern cars, watch the race with food and drink on tap. Even that was quiet expensive

Back
Top Bottom