• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It says the 6700XT only has 40CU though, 12 less than the Xbox SX but running around 1Ghz faster, so will 1Ghz make up for 12 CU?

Its still going to be fast tho, a 40 CU 5700XT is = 2070 Super at 1.9Ghz, imagine it with higher memory bandwidth and 2.5Ghz potentially overclocking to 2.7Ghz+ its going to be about as fast as a 2080 Super <> 2080TI, which is about the same as the SX.

If its 12GB and hopefully under $400 given it looks like a 3060TI competitor and that's $400, this might be the $350 card.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Its still going to be fast tho, a 40 CU 5700XT is = 2070 Super at 1.9Ghz, imagine it with higher memory bandwidth and 2.5Ghz potentially overclocking to 2.7Ghz+ its going to be about as fast as a 2080 Super <> 2080TI, which is about the same as the SX.

If its 12GB and hopefully under $400 given it looks like a 3060TI competitor and that's $400, this might be the $350 card.

Eventually it'll be a $350 part the way things are going for both vendors :p

I don't think there are any cards at msrp other than the extremely limited drop of the Nvidia FE/ AMD Reference

Soldato
and so many here the forum experts said these amd cards wont and cant even do 2.5ghz......
AMD designed these with speed in mind.
Now you can enjoy some really nice mhz cards
Once the market stabilize, atm its horrible as everyone buys amd hardware.
Demand is trough the roof.
3ghz 6700xt, sounds great to me

Are these the same experts that were proclaiming that big Navi would only be able to compete with the 3070? They are probably devastated right now.

This is interesting, this guys performance scaling at higher clocks appears better on water cooling:

2.8GHz Water cooled RX 6800 XT OC - Big Navi Kraken G12 AIO - YouTube

I hope someone does some more testing. OC (e.g. 2.6GHz) on air, test some games. Put it under water, test again with the same OC (e.g. 2.6GHz) and test again with max OC possible under water.

Associate
6800xt reference live on AMD store and 6800

Not really. I was on the website checking when they both popped online but even though I mashed buy button instantly, got info "Out of stock". And few minutes later both went offline again. Someone on other forum said they managed to snipe it, but I reckon they added like 10 pieces of each only. So all vanished in literally seconds.

Man of Honour
and so many here the forum experts said these amd cards wont and cant even do 2.5ghz......
AMD designed these with speed in mind.
Now you can enjoy some really nice mhz cards
Once the market stabilize, atm its horrible as everyone buys amd hardware.
Demand is trough the roof.
3ghz 6700xt, sounds great to me

That was mostly in context of the stock/reference cards in the 6800XT/6900 spot - which do around what most people were saying ~2.1GHz sustained game clocks. AIB/overclocked cards are another matter though that is quite some engineering they've pulled off to get chips with sustained speeds above 2.3GHz - usually that is only possible on much smaller dies even on 7nm.

Most of those posts you are referring to were in response to claims that the stock cards would be doing 2.5+GHz sustained boost out the box in games.

Associate
Not really. I was on the website checking when they both popped online but even though I mashed buy button instantly, got info "Out of stock". And few minutes later both went offline again. Someone on other forum said they managed to snipe it, but I reckon they added like 10 pieces of each only. So all vanished in literally seconds.
where are you basing the number 10 from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom