• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I had a discord notification at 15:19 but missed it as was on a call.

About 80 people have since tagged the card as OOS, so that's at least 80 that didn't get it but wanted it just that are on the discord!
lol I posted in here at 3:19 I must be as good as the bot.

I randomly checked to see if any popped back in and they were there. Didn't buy one as not bothered with upgrades at the minute.

Caporegime
Presumably bots it would seem as they show for an instant then are out of stock.
I don't think bots will have much luck on the AMD store.

That said, I am not sure what exact time they went live compared to what time people checked the page, but I see a few people bagged one at least.

Edit - £584 for an XT!!! Lucky sods that managed to bag that.
That's what i paid for mine when i ordered on launch day. :)

Keep checking back periodically for more.

Associate
what time did it go off at?

I've noticed it just as it literally changed from out of stock to "Add to basket". 15:19 to be exact. I've been setting up alert when this happened. Yet still couldn't get neither XT nor standard one - all gone almost instantly. Judging by 3rd party alerts online, that's exactly when alert bots noticed it online too. Must've been very small amount, as I said, so some lucky few people got it.

Soldato
Keep checking back periodically for more.

Sorry Matt but that’s ridiculous... I missed my automated alert by minutes and they were all gone. According to others here they sold instantly even for those that did pick (UK) the alert right away... the chance of getting one by “checking back periodically” any time this year is barely above zero.

Associate
Sorry Matt but that’s ridiculous... I missed my automated alert by minutes and they were all gone. According to others here they sold instantly even for those that did pick (UK) the alert right away... the chance of getting one by “checking back periodically” any time this year is barely above zero.

Sadly, for most of us, realistically speaking, a real possibility to get any card (be it NVidia or AMD) will happen only when they will be readily available in stock, in sensible numbers. Otherwise lucky few will get one but that's it.

Caporegime
I understand. With so many people using automated alerts as to when the stock situation changes, whatever does come in to stock doesn't last long.

Caporegime
Don’t blame you it’s the best reference card ever. Check the AMD store periodically for more stock.
That's literally a strategy that will get you nothing at all :p

You have a 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% chance of randomly finding it in stock at AMD.com.

Doesn't help when the "restock" is like 60 cards for the whole of the EU :p Let's not kid ourselves, AMD doesn't want to sell many of these for < £600.

The "real" price - the AIB price - is more like £800!

Last edited:
Caporegime

You didn't miss much, allegedly the entire EU got a stock drop of....12 cards.

Over the last few months AMD have had 2 launches and both have been complete *********, the 5 series cpu and the 6800 series gpu, looking to be 3 for 3 when the 6900xt drops.

Right now it looks like the majority of people that got one of these cpu's or gpus's are reviewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom