This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Got an email that my current energy 'deal' was coming to an end and I needed to choose a new 'deal'. Went online to look at the details and all of the tariffs have the exact same unit cost, only difference is the standing charge and one required a smart meter. I don't know why they bother having multiple 'deals' that are nothing of the sort.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
8D shoesize @ $6.53 only sounded (too) cheap. However, they took me years to make. As they are superlight, and equally cooling, and fit my odd-sized feet without pinching any 5 toes, I will complete their design shortly, with a lot easier effort. Given my current health, that should be certainly before xmas. I recently bought a rental service agreement to enable gathering primary interest.

Last edited:
Soldato
Putting up battening in the cellar to mount insulation panels. 27 metres worth of 7cm x 8 cm treated pine will be meeting my Lidl circular saw shortly.

Hopefully, the day will end with wood fixed to roof beams and all 10 digits still fixed to my hands.

Soldato
Sat on Polzeath beach, got here early but with a 14 second period wave so did half the population so had to part with 2 quid for parking.
Finish this flask of tea before,
My next move, walk to rock now or go in, tough decisions
Also my phone keeps doing weird paragraphs

Soldato
Have an interesting week lined up with an appointment at the ENT department to see why my throat is closing up during exercise, followed by results from my chest x-ray to check for sarcoidosis.
Been waiting the best part of this year for them for obvious reasons.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
@ 5 past midnight, it's 25°C, with humidity it feels like 27°C. A week of heatwaves is forecast. Tho if the weather gets too hot I will have to renew my European passport.

Caporegime
Well, mixed day so far...

I got up at 2AM to watch Avatar The Last Airbender with some American friends which was fun, ordered pizza which was sadly mediocre, then went back to get at 7AM.

Got up at 1PM, had a nice roast dinner Mum made. My Nan is round, she gave me some money and refused to take it back, because she's a Nan. Which I am very grateful for!

Dad tried to "surprise me" by saying he was going to change crank pulley oil seal on my car for me, which was awkward because after I cleaned up the side of the engine and ran it again yesterday it became evident that it isn't the oil seal that is leaking...

I said "thanks but" and pointed this out, and he got uppity with me, so I said "well you can change an oil seal thats not leaking if you want" then he got angry, so I retreated upstairs to the computer...

Soldato
Seems pointless to create a thread, It's our 9th anniversary in a couple weeks, and for gifts we tend to take the traditional gift and just get something small with it.

For example

For Iron, she got me an Iron and Wine album and i got her a cast iron teapot that you put on a logburner. For copper i got her a copper coloured rosh bush and for bronze she got me a hideous wall mounted cat bottle opener (that is actually on the wall).

This year is supposed to be Pottery. I'm torn between 2 choices.

1 - Some kind of candle holder/vase (the obvious choice is a cup but i'm forever complaining we have too many cups so that's out)

2 - A kids pottery wheel starter set and suggesting we re-create the scene from Ghost (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Riiai-Pott...ild=1&keywords=pottery&qid=1606724611&sr=8-20)

Tough decision!

@Raymond Lin @Ahleckz Where do you get your bowls from? Both of you seem to buy some impressive looking plates/bowls.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
it was more the fact you were linking to a kids pottery thing that made me laugh :p

Aww I've got the cats snuggled up to me and I could easily fall asleep right now but instead I have to disturb them and get up as my lunch break is over ....noooooo

Lunch at 3pm? What madness is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom