Upgrade chipset drivers in aging mobo?

Associate
Hello folks

I have an Asrock X99 Extreme6 board - still performing pretty well with a 5820K and 32gb.

I just wondered if it would be worth updating chipset drivers. This is something I've always been unsure about.

I know the general wisdom is 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it', but I'm wondering if, in judging things not to be broke, I may be missing out on some improvements here and there.

The mobo support page has no downloads more recent than 2015/2016, but this might just be because it's an old board so they've neglected to update the page. It doesn't necessarily mean that those 4 year old drivers are still the best for the board, right?

I don't know.

I know there are driver update apps out there which will suggest a million new updates - but I've learnt to be very cautious about such things.

Anyway, what do you learned folk think?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks Cyber-Mav, but I confess to always being a little baffled by the options on the intel website.
So many different drivers, management engines, INF's, with seemingly many different naming/generation schemes. I can never - simply - look for and find drivers which I feel assured will work with X99.
Although saying that, I just googled intel x99 drivers and got a link to a page - but they were only for Windows 7 (I'm on 10)
Any other X99 users out there, have you updated?

Thanks

Man of Honour
I doubt there will be any improvements for you, there's no driver work done for EOL stuff, unless there's a major flaw (and even then, sometimes not).

Back
Top Bottom