Ps4 installing to new hd.

Soldato
Im trying to do this gor a mate.
Had nothing but trouble.

I got 2 files one is 455mb and the other is a gig.

I assume one is the update and the other the full firmware os but either way...

I have finally got to a syage where they are accepted by having one inside PS4/UPDATE

It sort of kind of tries but after a few restarts i just get a grey screen and the pulsing blue light as if its sleeping?

I have tried a few installs now, with the 455mb file and the 1tb file and also tried online but they all seem to stay there at the grey screen?

Its currently there now while im at work and frankly im terrified thay its going to catch fire cos no one is at home

Soldato
OP
Yes, I have tried 4 different USB Flash drives, 2xUSB 2 and 2xUSB 3 plus a full HD and an SSD on a USB.

They make NO difference.

At best, I now get a message about using a USB with a file of 8.1 or greater, when in the past, I had a similar message with asking for 7.1 or 7.5 ( One those ) and so its definitely gone a step further.

I have tried 6 different Hard Disks now too!

160GB, 320GB, 500GB 1.5TB 2.0TB and a 540MB SSD - Again the results are 100% identical.

One of the 500GB Drives is my sons one from his PS4 and that is putting the PS4 in a constant SafeMode loop, and then, when I wiped that, its doing the same as the others.

What else?

Ok, what is the best thing to do with the HD for a whole fresh start?

I see that the thing makes the HD into 15 partitions... Is it best if I simply remove all partition data? I have for the moment, simply wiped the drive and made a fresh single EXFAT partition.

What do you suggest?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Just a note.

I have done it.

I used my sons 500gb and i wiped it and deleted all partition info and it all just went on.

The 1.5tb has no errors but does not play well with the ps4 for some reason.

At leadt its there with the 500 so im done with it.

One thing is for sure... im glad i dont bother with consoles.

Back
Top Bottom