AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
He was queue position 242 ;)
Was hoping he meant 242 from launch day as it would be fairly annoying to be at 74 and numbers much further up got shipped. lol

I suppose the only thing I'm slightly worried about is whether or not the retail chips are coming with boxes sealed, seen a few folk discussing 'broken seals' on the boxes so would be quite annoyed if I received one like that again.

Soldato
Again? If it’s a brand new CPU that sticker should be intact. I’d be RMAing if it wasn’t.

Broken seal suggests it’s been binned or opened and returned which is a complete no, no for a ‘brand new’ retail product like this.

Associate
Sorry, did you mean you are queue position 242 now for the 5950x and got yours shipped?

Think he meant he was in queue position 242 originally.. I was in position 243 originally (ordered just behind him lol around 16:33 on launch day) ..

Just had a notification saying my 5950x will be delivered tomorrow .. they're still going through the backlog - the queue position after all is only a snapshot in time & if they have taken stock it'll change as items are sent out

Happy days!

Associate
Again? If it’s a brand new CPU that sticker should be intact. I’d be RMAing if it wasn’t.

Broken seal suggests it’s been binned or opened and returned which is a complete no, no for a ‘brand new’ retail product like this.

I've had bad experiences in the past with opened boxes I've had to return and to be honest i'm at the stage where if it happens again I would go straight to trading standards - I once got 3 gpus in a row from the same retailer which had been returned for open box only for the replacements to be open as well and ****** me right off.

Problem is 'binning' does happen and a few retailers are bad for it at times for selling as OC'd or in OC bundles etc, worries me every time I order new these days.

Associate
Think he meant he was in queue position 242 originally.. I was in position 243 originally (ordered just behind him lol around 16:33 on launch day) ..

Just had a notification saying my 5950x will be delivered tomorrow .. they're still going through the backlog - the queue position after all is only a snapshot in time & if they have taken stock it'll change as items are sent out

Happy days!
Nice, fun times ahead and hope you enjoy, can't wait to get mine as getting paired with an X570 godlike and eventually a 3090 Strix OC if they ever get here and the queue gets to my number. lol

Associate
That’s not the point though is it.
The point is they give a daily update and complete transparency on what they expect to arrive when.

You will never, ever get clarity or transparency from these people.

You’ll get fog and misdirection to keep you guessing long enough that they won’t have to refund your preorder money.

It’s a tactic, not a failing.

Associate

If they're binning retail units for their overpriced pre-built units, and then selling the lower binned units to DIY customers, that's massively unethical.

Associate
So i was position 52 on the friday after launch on November 5th for a 5600X, and as of right now im position 16. Which means OCUK have shipped no more than 30 5600x since its release date.

A certain competitor has announced that they have recieved a shipment of 160 5600x's and they have already shipped them out to their pre-order customers. Really regretting ordering from OCUK, their lack of transparency is honestly appalling, and not to even mention the fact that they charge a premium over their competitors anyway!

Can't wait for my CPU to arrive so i can finally build this pc and never use OCUK again, they honestly take the p***.

Rant over, sorry gents.

Associate
So i was position 52 on the friday after launch on November 5th for a 5600X, and as of right now im position 16. Which means OCUK have shipped no more than 30 5600x since its release date.

A certain competitor has announced that they have recieved a shipment of 160 5600x's and they have already shipped them out to their pre-order customers. Really regretting ordering from OCUK, their lack of transparency is honestly appalling, and not to even mention the fact that they charge a premium over their competitors anyway!

Can't wait for my CPU to arrive so i can finally build this pc and never use OCUK again, they honestly take the p***.

Rant over, sorry gents.
I feel your pain. No updates on the 5800x for what seems like an eternity. I honestly don't know why they can't keep us in the loop better.

Associate

Rant over, sorry gents.

Hear that. Just a word, any word, about 5600/800 stock would be great. Appreciate the situation isn't great but already paid premium to buy here. can at least update your customers.

Back
Top Bottom