• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
And suppliers shrug their shoulders and say we can't make them any faster. Thats the gist of it. I sometimes wonder how this situation would be different if OC'ers weren't doing a queue system and were doing what pretty much all the other big UK retailers are doing of just taking a few hundred orders on launch day and then selling cards as and when they get a small amount of stock. You'd currently have the thousands of people here in the paid queue out there jumping on the small amount of cards that sporadically become available. It would be even harder to get a card than it already is.

As ever the bottom line with this is get a refund from OC'ers and try your luck with the stock update sites or stay in the queue and try and be patient, frustrating as I know it is. All else is just shouting into the void.

But most of the complaints are now not about the graphics card delays. They are now about lack of communication.

There's a sense that OCUK don't care. Even if they were to come on and say "Guys... seven phone calls today and I'm exhausted! I reached out to 3 distributors and they think cards are currently in Rotterdam, London and Cairo. Customer Services are melting down upstairs, poor Veera's smoking 2 packs a day and Gavin's mumbling to himself even more than usual!

I just walked through the warehouse and personally can confirm there are no A,B, and C on the shelves or in Goods Inwards. Darren says he got a call from driver Ben though, saying he's got a pallet for us arriving at 2pm. I'll check out the delivery note and let you know if any 3080's are on it, before end of today. Thanks for the support all, we're doing all we can! Really appreciate your understanding."

You see? That's being human, showing they care, and really connecting to customers. Yes it's more effort of course. But these customers aren't even getting a note like that per week right now.

Last edited:
Associate
Hahha nice one. Hope you will get refunds sorted soon. Which one you decided to keep? All good choices. It is a difficult one.
I'm currently running 3070 FE, I had to RMA the 6800xt beacuse of the loudest coil whine ever. I just ordered 3080 aorus master and it will arrive on Wednesday. To be honest I only wanted TUF to be happy, bought all the others as I'm still 700+ in queue here LOL.

I will sell 3070 FE for the same price to my bro.

Thinking to leave TUF queuing and when it will arrive I will sell Aorus Master. Don't need them all RGB when my case is a closed one and I cannot see it.

Associate
MSI Ventus 3x OC
13th since the 13th of November. Competitor has already had 2 deliveries and OcUK nothing. I'm getting frustrated as I have limited time use of my current card (borrowed from bro since he's studying abroad, but coming back for Christmas in 2 weeks...). Also Cyberpunk in 10 days...
that's a good 96 hours of gameplay :D

Associate
But most of the complaints are now not about the graphics card delays. They are now about lack of communication.

There's a sense that OCUK don't care. Even if they were to come on and say "Guys... seven phone calls today and I'm exhausted! I reached out to 3 distributors and they think cards are currently in Rotterdam, London and Cairo. Customer Services are melting down upstairs, poor Veera's smoking 2 packs a day and Gavin's mumbling to himself even more than usual!

I just walked through the warehouse and personally can confirm there are no A,B, and C on the shelves or in Goods Inwards. Darren says he got a call from driver Ben though, saying he's got a pallet for us arriving at 2pm. I'll check out the delivery note and let you know if any 3080's are on it, before end of today. Thanks for the support all, we're doing all we can! Really appreciate your understanding."

You see? That's being human, showing they care, and really connecting to customers. Yes it's more effort of course. But these customers aren't even getting a note like that per week right now.

Yeah thats sort of the point I made a few pages back. Even a little info can go a long way. Even if that info isn't much, just something along the lines of what you said, then it would clearly stop some people from thinking they just don't care anymore. Its curious that they seemed to have stopped. Especially in light of evidence of various competitors being a bit more more communicative with their customers.

Associate
Just out of interest where did the asus representative go? Or he just came on this forum to give useless political statements? Maybe he can answer about the real situation of ASUS stock?

I'm not quite sure what he's doing on these forums. All he seems to know is the models Asus are advertising.

Associate
Could be part shipped, only some have arrived, maybe only some have been booked in yet, maybe Mrs Miggins in Cheltenham opened a pack of Rich Tea biscuits, could be plenty of reasons :)
When Overclockers offer zero transparency regarding the number of cards coming in vs the number of cards being sent out to "pre orders" and the queue numbers are not dropping to match quoted numbers from Gibbo over extended periods then we have no choice but to believe they're going into the prebuilds. Lets face it when you have 27 staff making pre builds and they have nothing to build with, you're paying them to sit and twiddle their thumbs. If you're a retailer faced with the situation of selling a card on it's own for £750 vs going into a £3,000 prebuild and your staff working for their pay, you choose the later and ignore the flak you'll get from the punters waiting. Who cares if some one cancels their pre ordered card, you made more from that card from the prebuild. You're very naive if you think executives in a business won't make those choices.

Associate
After waiting since launch day for overclockers to send me my Card, i managed to pick one up from elsewhere with the help of stock pings. My wait is over ! Good luck to you guys in the queue hope you receive your cards soon.

Associate
On holiday in Holland to see family and managed to get a 3080 in 3 days of being here! One Dutch forum keeps track of all deliveries and orders with community made spreadsheets that it’s users update for every order and delivery for every etailer, showing exactly where and what to order. Not seen anything like this in the UK as everyone and most stores Seem to just be out for their own gain, such a shame.

Associate
On holiday in Holland to see family and managed to get a 3080 in 3 days of being here! One Dutch forum keeps track of all deliveries and orders with community made spreadsheets that it’s users update for every order and delivery for every etailer, showing exactly where and what to order. Not seen anything like this in the UK as everyone and most stores Seem to just be out for their own gain, such a shame.

In all fairness, there is quite a comprehensive OC orders spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...10451212505911408212&usp=sheets_home&ths=true

Back
Top Bottom