Dogs off a leash in parks

Soldato
A good reason to keep cats out of the garden as well. Their crap/pee can be really toxic.

If you see someone leave dog poo on the ground you can always follow them home and later launch it through their letterbox. It is their property afterall. Lockdown activity :D

Soldato
In wide, open spaces that are frequented by dog walkers you should be able to have a socialized dog off lead.

Fortunately I've not had the misfortune of anyone particularly paranoid of dogs around my puppy. It may help he looks like a giant teddybear

If i see another dog on the lead i'll put him on the lead, but if they're so aggressive then it begs the question why are they let out in popular dog spaces (at busy times). Fortunately its very rare I see this.

1y6Ds3f.jpg

Soldato
I remember someone pointing out that at many town/city parks, the kids get a small fenced-off play area to run around in, whereas the dogs get the whole of the rest of the park.

It certainly made me see parks differently, tbh.

Soldato
The stupidity and uneducated ignorance in this thread is off the charts. There's a reason why people love animals, own pets etc.... generally is because they behave better and aren't as stupid or horrible as people, plenty of evidence in this thread of that.

Soldato
Only peasants use buses so fine with me

I'm sorry but with statements like these and your general attitude in posting all over the forums with your superiority complex I really hope you aren't allowed out by yourself or without being on a lead of some sort when there is the possibility of interacting with other people.

Soldato
I remember someone pointing out that at many town/city parks, the kids get a small fenced-off play area to run around in, whereas the dogs get the whole of the rest of the park.

It certainly made me see parks differently, tbh.

Kids aren't confined to the fenced off area, it is simply extra space available to them away from the other park users.

Soldato
I'm sorry but with statements like these and your general attitude in posting all over the forums with your superiority complex I really hope you aren't allowed out by yourself or without being on a lead of some sort when there is the possibility of interacting with other people.

Surely you've come across a PS post before. Most people on here just think he's a big troll.

Soldato
Because a lot of dog owners don't walk there dogs in fields.
A number don't, perhaps.
Pretty much every single publicly accessible field I can think of will be a regular haunt for dog walkers... mainly to keep away from the play parks and the rugrat inhabitants.
Why do you think it's always someone walking their dog in the early hours, who finds that dumped corpse in the middle of nowhere?

(Young kids move very slowly)
Ah-hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Either your kids are lazy, or you just haven't reached 'that' stage yet...!!

Then why do more people have kids?
Because it's very hard to accidentally buy/adopt a dog late one night during a drunken fumble with your missus... or someone else's missus... or the last plastered slapper in the boozer... etc.
:D

Soldato
Well, I guess that depends on whether you're happy with them running through/falling into dog poo or not...

How do they get them into the park? Carry them from the front door of the house? I think you are overstating the risk somewhat. Far more chance of being hit by a car en route to the park I wouldh ave thought.

Soldato
This is a trope that I do actually find to be true to be honest.

A lot of black and Asian people seem really quite scared of my dog, and that's when it's under control on a lead walking nicely at heel.

Mainly this seems to happen when we're walking along the seafront in Clacton or Southend and I think a lot of the people come for day trips from London.

Think it's just a cultural issue, not necessarily a religious one.

I watched this tv programme and there was this guy who lived in China and they were really scared of his Boxer dog.... which was kind of freaking the dog out. Apparently they're not known over there. So he was dressed up like a panda and people were much more friendly...

Why do people complain specifically about dog poo so much, when the local fields, roads and walkways are peppered with poos from the likes of cats, horses, rabbits, deer, foxes, badgers and in some cases even cows and sheep?

Sure theres so much horse, rabbit, fox, deer and badger poo outside of parks I can barely step outside for the stuff... you're really clutching at straws aren't you?

peer pressure and conforming to social norms?

Pressure from the missus?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I watched this tv programme and there was this guy who lived in China and they were really scared of his Boxer dog.... which was kind of freaking the dog out. Apparently they're not known over there. So he was dressed up like a panda and people were much more friendly...

Sure theres so much horse, rabbit, fox, deer and badger poo outside of parks I can barely step outside for the stuff... you're really clutching at straws aren't you?

Herbivore poop tends to be fairly safe. I'm not saying you should put it on your cornflakes mind!

Soldato
No more than the complainants - I've never lived in any particularly affluent areas, yet I can't even recall the last time I saw dog **** in a public park. You get it occasionally in the more rural recreational places outside the town centre where the council don't mow the grass every month or so, but again that tends to be more the bags hanging somewhere and usually when there's no bin provided.
So either everyone else lives in places where people are so rich and snobby that they can afford not to care about picking up... or areas so scummy that they let their status dogs **** wherever they like?
Fox and rat poo, however - Just take a walk round a few of the suburban houses, you'll find it on lawns, grass verges, around a lot of the takeaway parades, etc. Rabbits and deer tend to keep to the areas near our industrial estates and retail parks, but if you know what it looks like you'll definitely notice it.

Back
Top Bottom