** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
help a noob out. I got 3070 in the basket ready to preorder. If I place order now, realistically how long would I have to wait? Any chance before christmas, or likely 2-4 months?

It's the MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus

Associate
help a noob out. I got 3070 in the basket ready to preorder. If I place order now, realistically how long would I have to wait? Any chance before christmas, or likely 2-4 months?

It's the MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus

I have no idea what size the ques are for 3070's, I'd have thought your best bet to get a card before Christmas is to contact OCUK via a webnote asking which card has the shortest que length within your price range and take it from there. If you really want that specific card, you may have to wait a bit longer or you may get lucky, without asking I don't know.

Associate
I just found this, which might help explain why 3000 series cards are so difficult to find

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/1...d-175-million-worth-of-ampere-gpus-to-miners/

I have no idea if the story is accurate.

Yeah I heard the same thing from LTT on youtube. Nvidia such a consumer friendly brand...
I don't understand why they'd go out of their way anger the vast majority of their consumers, they'd sell those cards regardless, let miners que like everyone else. The only incentive I can imagine is they payed a high price.

Soldato
To put some perspective on it, $175m of $2.2b or something close to that figure. It’s significant but not exactly what everyone is making out to be (if it’s true).

It’s all based off a report which is behind a paywall so I can’t even real the original. All the other ‘news sites’ are just copying each other.

Associate
I just wonder if they REALLY have the BUILD STOCK for configuring your own tower...
Also noticed that AMD Ryzen 9 5900x Tower build that you can configure is "in stock". But does that count as having a stock of the chip itself...? I'm not sure about that.

Associate
I have no idea what size the ques are for 3070's, I'd have thought your best bet to get a card before Christmas is to contact OCUK via a webnote asking which card has the shortest que length within your price range and take it from there. If you really want that specific card, you may have to wait a bit longer or you may get lucky, without asking I don't know.

Thanks, I will look into that. I am not too fussy about the brand, would be willing to pay more than it's currently costing if it means getting it before Christmas.

Associate
A well known white-goods and computer store (with whom I would prefer never to have any dealings) are offering a range of 3080 cards in stock with free delivery. When you look at any specific card, however, it is flagged as collection only. If you try to go that route it asks for a location and tells you no local stores have the card in stock. Repeatedly hitting the "look further afield" button gives the same reply until it gives up - presumably having run out of stores.

Time-wasting get of poxxed slime-worms.

Associate
A well known white-goods and computer store (with whom I would prefer never to have any dealings) are offering a range of 3080 cards in stock with free delivery. When you look at any specific card, however, it is flagged as collection only. If you try to go that route it asks for a location and tells you no local stores have the card in stock. Repeatedly hitting the "look further afield" button gives the same reply until it gives up - presumably having run out of stores.

Time-wasting get of poxxed slime-worms.

It has been like that for months.

Associate
I'm giving up on getting a high-end GPU for now. I've ordered an el-cheapo so that I can use the new CPU when it arrives (#123 on queue) and I'll start hunting for a decent GPU after Xmas.

On which note I wish you all a happy festive season.

Associate
Ordered a Zotac 3090 on Sunday evening. Called yesterday for an update (even though there was an hour wait, I feel bad for the people on the end of the phone during this time) as it still says awaiting to be shipped.

Does anyone have an idea what time of the day these get shipped? The update I had is that it should be with me either today or Thursday :confused:

Associate
Ordered a Zotac 3090 on Sunday evening. Called yesterday for an update (even though there was an hour wait, I feel bad for the people on the end of the phone during this time) as it still says awaiting to be shipped.

Does anyone have an idea what time of the day these get shipped? The update I had is that it should be with me either today or Thursday :confused:

I ordered mine on Friday afternoon, still waiting for it to ship. I raised a ticket in the customer support forum, they said it will ship shortly - but nothing yet :(

I spent around 3 hours in total, on 3 separate occasions trying to get through on the phone, but gave up each time.

Associate
I ordered mine on Friday afternoon, still waiting for it to ship. I raised a ticket in the customer support forum, they said it will ship shortly - but nothing yet :(

I spent around 3 hours in total, on 3 separate occasions trying to get through on the phone, but gave up each time.

Ah that's frustrating considering that it was in stock you'd you (even myself...) should have it by now... Hopefully "Tuesday or Thursday" is the same for you. Sometimes I wish Next Day delivery was free so I wouldn't feel so bad paying for shipping.

Soldato
Ah that's frustrating considering that it was in stock you'd you (even myself...) should have it by now... Hopefully "Tuesday or Thursday" is the same for you. Sometimes I wish Next Day delivery was free so I wouldn't feel so bad paying for shipping.

It is free once you meet the criteria, I think its either 100 posts or length of membership. Can't remember where the details are though. A mod will be able to help you though.

Associate
It is free once you meet the criteria, I think its either 100 posts or length of membership. Can't remember where the details are though. A mod will be able to help you though.
Oh! Interesting, never knew that. Interesting to know though mind! I've been using OC on and off for years but having free shipping peaks my interest.

Associate

Yeah, I thought about cancelling, as a competitor had the same card in stock - but a huge thing on their website saying there's up to a 5 day delay in shipping, due to black friday carnage.. so I may as well stay where I am.. hopefully it should ship today or tomorrow..

Soldato
Oh! Interesting, never knew that. Interesting to know though mind! I've been using OC on and off for years but having free shipping peaks my interest.

Also note that next day delivery is from when your order is processed, not when you place it.

And as Mr Monkey says, no spamming your way there. And posts in this section do not count.

Back
Top Bottom