What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Tenet

Not very good. Overly complicated just for the sake of it with a very lacking climax of an end sequence. Unlikable characters, everywhere.

Very poorly edited in some places due to way too much storyline crammed in. It doesn't work. Should have been a series instead.

Soldato
Another for Tenet. Another way overcomplicated film and half the time the actors themselves didn't have a clue WTF was going on.

Associate
The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith,

One of the best films to come out of Australia, it's getting on a bit now, it was released in 1978 but
is still a great film. Written by Thomas Keneally who also wrote "Schindlers Ark".

Soldato
1917 - Really enjoyed it and I quite like how it attempted to keep it all in one shot. And again, with all war films, it makes me realise I wouldn't have lasted two seconds in those conditions

Soldato
Tenet 6.5/10
Lots of good ideas and spectacular sequences, but muddled story telling and unintelligible script delivery let this down. Could have been so much better.

I would say about 5-6/10.. I think it was over hyped and was trying to be too clever for its own good and often came out completely muddled and incomprehensible. The continuity seemed really off and towards the end you get to understand why a little better but makes other things out of whack.

Soldato
I would say about 5-6/10.. I think it was over hyped and was trying to be too clever for its own good and often came out completely muddled and incomprehensible. The continuity seemed really off and towards the end you get to understand why a little better but makes other things out of whack.

I have liked a lot of Nolans films, but this is probably his poorest to date. I was being pretty generous with my score if anything. Trying to confuse the viewer does not make it a clever film.

A shame as I was really looking forward to this.

Back
Top Bottom