Escape from Tarkov

Associate
So last night I managed to get to the extract location by sneaking around with just a knife. Tried two extracts but they were no good to me. Needed 4000 ruples and someone had used the boat. Got to the point, the timer counted down and nothing. Tried again, nothing. Ended up getting shot. Rage quit.

Soldato
So last night I managed to get to the extract location by sneaking around with just a knife. Tried two extracts but they were no good to me. Needed 4000 ruples and someone had used the boat. Got to the point, the timer counted down and nothing. Tried again, nothing. Ended up getting shot. Rage quit.

Check your extracts by double pressing "o" - There are different extracts for PMC and Scav's. Not all extracts are avaliable for you depending on where you spawn etc.

Use maps to guide you - https://mapgenie.io/tarkov/maps/customs

Soldato

Smugglers boat isn't always up, it's a random extract.

First rage quit of many though I expect, no game has made me rage harder in gaming.

Associate
Check your extracts by double pressing "o" - There are different extracts for PMC and Scav's. Not all extracts are avaliable for you depending on where you spawn etc.

Use maps to guide you - https://mapgenie.io/tarkov/maps/customs
It was a live extract. The green countdown timer came on the screen. But it wouldn’t extract me. The green timer came up twice in fact. Think it was a bug.

Soldato
Terrible! I’ve managed to escape twice. Both times as a scav upto the railroad exit behind the dorms. I’ve still not killed anyone!
Take the scav kit, go in with a gun, get the gun taken off me. It is a grind

Keep at it, at some point it clicks.

BTW...use the best ammo you can afford, ammo is everything in this game.

Soldato
Terrible! I’ve managed to escape twice. Both times as a scav upto the railroad exit behind the dorms. I’ve still not killed anyone!
Take the scav kit, go in with a gun, get the gun taken off me. It is a grind

Embrace the grind - It's very hard like I say at this point as most people have been playing since the start of the wipe and fully geared up.

Got 70 million in the bank and more ammo/weapons and gear that I need. So running top tier ammo/guns against low level players is much easier as I can tank a number of shots, where as lvl 2/3 armour can usually only take 1 shot before breaking.

It's such a hardcore game compared to anything else you've played before that it's very difficult to stick at it as people just chuck it early doors.

Associate
Embrace the grind - It's very hard like I say at this point as most people have been playing since the start of the wipe and fully geared up.

Got 70 million in the bank and more ammo/weapons and gear that I need. So running top tier ammo/guns against low level players is much easier as I can tank a number of shots, where as lvl 2/3 armour can usually only take 1 shot before breaking.

It's such a hardcore game compared to anything else you've played before that it's very difficult to stick at it as people just chuck it early doors.
Do you have a way to earn passive income or are you just selling loot?

Soldato

Get your hideout sorted, takes a while and costs a lot. You can make things based on loot found in raid. You can get a water collector which then combines with sugar to make moonshine, that sells for 300k a bottle.

Bitcoin farm alone will net you about 2 million rubles a day doing nothing else at the moment.

You can also make ammo, even the most basic will turn a profit.

Scav as much as you can, every time timer resets, do scav runs and learn the maps, treat is as a 'free' life.

Also as you upgrade hideout, Scav time decreases, at max level you can scav every 11 minutes I think.

Soldato

As above - hideout will come in time....for now - scav as much as you can - use/sell loot. just rinse and repeat.
PMC for specific missions.

Scav on Reserve - lots of loot to be found - in and out 10 minutes max.

Soldato
Really really really try not to play like COD...this isn't a bunny hopping, 360 no scope teen shooter, it takes some tactical play :)

Patience absolutely is key in this, use sound to your advantage, sound will give you a better idea to player locations than your eyes much of the time.

Soldato
This late into a wipe you are going to take an absolute beating unfortunately. There is a load of game mechanics you are going have to learn through trial and error. If you have time then I strongly recommend you sit down and watch some youtube guides from pestily:

Doesn't help that since most of these guides have been written some stuff has changed within the game. For example they added heavy bleeds. Which requires a different healing item than just a regular bandage to stop. The map customs got expanded. So many of the guides will be out of date for that map in particular.

Associate
This late into a wipe you are going to take an absolute beating unfortunately. There is a load of game mechanics you are going have to learn through trial and error. If you have time then I strongly recommend you sit down and watch some youtube guides from pestily:

Doesn't help that since most of these guides have been written some stuff has changed within the game. For example they added heavy bleeds. Which requires a different healing item than just a regular bandage to stop. The map customs got expanded. So many of the guides will be out of date for that map in particular.
Cheers, I'll take a look. Now I'm looking forward to a wipe!

Soldato
@Adam-r had a chat with the other regulars I play tarkov with and you're welcome to join us on our discord if you like. Can help you learn the ropes.

Just need a good sense of humour, happy to get ripped a bit and give it back as good as you get it.

Back
Top Bottom