Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Don
Aye, a big ol' wodge of cash. But then so does Pérez, and has never punched another driver repeatedly in the face or thrown a big old strop when he gets penalised for running another driver off track, and has a mass of experience to help develop a car with.

Next years Netflix series will be one to watch with him and Gunther mixing together :D

Soldato
Hamilton not racing for the final two races gives Verstappen a very good chance of taking 2nd place in the drivers Championship from Bottas. What is his lead, 12 points or so? Two wins from Max and he'd seal the deal.
On the flip side, with no Hamilton around, Mercedes entire focus will be on getting Bottas to the front rather than leaving him as a rear gunner to pick up the pieces.

Soldato
Its unlikely I'd say; he isn't Merc's Reserve Driver and he "belongs" to Williams contractually.
Slip Williams some cash and they might go for it though..
It would need to be enough to persuade Williams that it's a better bet than racing for 9th in the constructors as they're only 3 points behind Haas and Haas have a reserve driver and a Ferrari PU at a race you really don't want a Ferrari PU*. A bit of chaos and Williams could well score points, though enough to get ahead of Haas is obviously very unlikely.

* That said, I remember at one point Ferrari-powered cars were dominating the speed traps last weekend.

Soldato
I'm in a Whatsapp group with a few friends who i used to go to F1 with and they are getting bored of my Hulkenburg replacement/covid memes... :D In fact one of them shared the Hamilton story this morning and was shocked i wasn't in there straight away with a meme. lol

I was going to post one on the simrace team discord, only to discover someone beat me to it. I was disappoint. :D

Soldato
I doubt Mercedes would be overly keen on getting an outsider in and seeing the ins and outs of the team and their tricks while they've got a couple of capable drivers on the sidelines who aren't likely to return to F1 for a rival team any time soon, especially since the titles are secured.

Back
Top Bottom