Who's got their tree up?

Soldato
Next door had theirs up weeks ago, but they are legacy chavs left over from when it was a cheaper area. They also have a corner sofa and giant TV.

Ree

Ree

Associate
we do two weeks before till two weeks after. neighbour across the road has had hers up since just after halloween she literally put the light up pumpkins away and got out the christmas lights etc.

Soldato
Yeah we're two weeks before to Twelfth night for decs, but main living room tree goes up Xmas Eve when last person has finished work and we start drinking. House is festive before that but living room tree is kind of a "Christmas is finally here" tradition with a good bottle of port and some meze/tapas style food.

Old Twelfth Night we wassail the apple trees. Kids think this is brilliant, chance to make some noise and dress up stupid.

Man of Honour
Sadly, I couldn't talk the other half out of it. Went up on Sunday but I insisted that the lights aren't on until today.

I'm not happy about it.

Soldato
Yep. After my birthday on the 17/11 it's free game. I was supposed to be on site in Saudi as of tomorrow for 2 and a half weeks so we did it this weekend, otherwise it wouldn't have gone up...

Site trip has just been cancelled until the new year..

Soldato
OP
I think we're using the same excuse of a crap year, we went to the farm and got ours on Saturday afternoon and it's up!

It definitely needs more decorations and some chocolates but it's our first year in our own place so I hadn't got a clue how much was needed :o

Also yes my light job is crap!

8fKJYllh.jpg

Soldato
won't put it up untill around the 20th. Cat will savage it anyway, so at least this way I onlyhave to spend a week / 10 days max clearing up shredded decorations after the cat has gone mental................

Back
Top Bottom