Big ****** Chungus.

Soldato
First off a huge thankyou to Space Monkey. Top chap.

So I had a load of parts left over from a few upgrades and none of them work 100% so I didn't want to sell them. I decided it was time our squad got a proper gaming server, as we are sick of Claymore Campers (TM).

Now I originally planned to drop this on our LAN host, Gary, but it turns out he doesn't have room for it (I am not surprised LOL) so I will be hosting it.

Here is the pile I had.

v3KWJxv.jpg

X99 Puke Like (R) (TM) PAT PENDING gaming
16 core ES Broadwell E Xeon
Corsair H80i V2, that occasionally sounds like a coffee machine but works fine.
Cougar Commander 650w
120gb WD SSD
Some uber cheap of the cheap RGB fans left over from another project. It was cheaper to buy two kits than one and extra fans.
An old Quadro FX 4600? something like that. It's an 8800 GT with 768mb
One 6 pin GPU extension.

RAM is coming by ways of another squad member, and I ordered some cables from OCUK the other day.

OuHyTK0.jpg

Space Monkey sold me the case for very cheap. It had a couple of issues, but they were easily fixed.

Big Chungus is big, very big.

XlrYLmq.jpg

A size 10 Nike for scale.

V9qc6o6.jpg

I originally didn't see anything funny in this picture, until I noticed the G4 MDD cowering in the background looking very puny. That did give me a chuckle or three.

1KhuGci.jpg

So it was straight to work spending three hours trying to fit the AIO in all sorts of configurations before realising this case is a total doggy.

Before that though I had to fix the PSU sled.

y1f66PN.jpg

As it wasn't riveted at the factory and was bent and flopping around. Fit the base.

65dq2tI.jpg

And start wiring. I then found out the HDD area bit was not removable

s1YKcOA.jpg

Fit the AIO incorrectly.

NW5ZNqQ.jpg

Then fix it later. Make a back plate for the GPU (still in progress ignore it)

O0lMqpn.jpg

And then put it on life support and test the fans. Dear.God.

VbLiMco.jpg

PSU now fitted.

6LKnvw2.jpg

Then spent three hours doing this.

Xl2sjvv.jpg

Only to find I can not even spell my own user name correctly. I am leaving it though, again it makes me laugh.

ToLBgAW.jpg

Finish the wiring.

7hpVR44.jpg

KS4BnZ5.jpg

And then realise the HDDs look terrible so use an old scrap of glitter red acrylic I had to cover them up.

bjYS7Ih.jpg

Just need to finish the custom back plate and then get some thermal paste and fit the RAM. I have these lying around also.

zS8OxAB.jpg

Soldato
OP
I mentioned an oddity with the case a couple of pages back. I promised to take pics.

8tHpf0u.jpg

Designer at Kolink, after the case had been made.. "Oh ****, it's totally wrong and doesn't line up !"
Engineer at Kolink "Hold my beer and give me my hammer !"

b29NeuX.jpg

Did this too.

ddpqtCu.jpg

Soldato
im sorry but you have bought possibly one of the worst cases ever made. not only does it look terrrible, it got bad reviews, for pretty much everything, airflow, build quality, motherboard stand offs, LOOKS

Soldato
OP
i have the same 8800GT, ive just put it in an XP system, i sprayed mine white

It looks like this.

76Khjk5.jpg

Which when the RGB is lit catches the light and glows. Pretty cool tbh.

For those that didn't get it, it's totally a troll build. Like I say, we were going to drop it on our LAN guy, but he doesn't have the space. Talking of trolling. I hated those DS logos on the fans so I drew some up in red. Then my printer ran out of ink and trolled me, so they are stripy pink.

604IUWD.jpg

Too good to throw away :D

Soldato
OP
Not got any cats any more :(

I am now back with the rig. I fitted the cooler (needed TP) and got that sorted. Then I realised that the GPU is DVI only and I have no way of connecting it to my monitor :( so I ordered a DVI - HDMI adapter, but of course it's taking bloody ages.

Shouldn't be long now hopefully.

Soldato
im sorry but you have bought possibly one of the worst cases ever made. not only does it look terrrible, it got bad reviews, for pretty much everything, airflow, build quality, motherboard stand offs, LOOKS

That looks awesome! More lights required!!

LOL, first 2 replies like marmite.

On a sensible note, i don't understand the placement of the power button haha.

Back
Top Bottom