LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
When you say turn the TV off and on, do you mean standby or a power cycle? I ask because I've had the black screen issue a few times while playing games on PC via HDMI, but don't know what caused it. I still get audio, but only a proper 10 second power cycle fixes it.

Yeah I did a full off at the wall jobby too.

I may try a factory reset later.

I posted this on reddit and one user came back saying they had this too and it didnt go away until they had the unit replaced, and since then it's been fine :/

Soldato
How does one get 5.1 via hdmi passthrough, as I'm only getting either stereo or 5.1 via selecting Dolby Atmos in windows control, but bit sure if Dolby Atmos will work with 5.1.

The 5.1 is greyed out ?

I use C9. However when I plugged my 3xxx gpu into a HDMI port as expected, then eARC from tv into eARC receiver. On my C9 need to select the pass through option in audio menu. With this method windows can see each speaker hooked up to my av receiver individual and when I do that speaker test, play as expected from each one. The LPCM feature though I think on C9 became available as part of a eARC fix, so think it’s eARC specific and unless your receiver is eARC, not just ARC, it may not do it.

Soldato
My 55" CX is due for delivery tomorrow and I'm having pre-delivery jitters. Mainly because I'm worried it's too big (I'd have got the 48" if it wasn't £300 more expensive) and also for spending so much on a TV!

Hopefully once it's set up and switched on that all goes away.

I was in the same boat, wanted the 48 but wasn't prepared to pay extra for it. The 55 looked enormous at first and I was considering sending it back, but I've got used to it. Wall mount is on the way so I can get it a bit further away too.

Soldato
I was in the same boat, wanted the 48 but wasn't prepared to pay extra for it. The 55 looked enormous at first and I was considering sending it back, but I've got used to it. Wall mount is on the way so I can get it a bit further away too.

I had to go 48" as 55" would have just been too big for the room, also due to the shape of the room there isn't a natural place for it to go on the wall (windows/doors/open fire etc).

Soldato
Ok, My 55 CX arrived today and I must say it's a really nice looking TV and 4K/HDR stuff looks jaw-droppingly beautiful.

I have two problems now. Should have done a little more research before buying. First LG's stance on DTS is mystifying!! Surely the people buying OLED tv's can afford the few quid extra to pay for the licence. Give us the choice to use DTS or not. Even the ability to passthrough DTS to a receiver. Now, I am reading forums from ages ago, has there been any change in LG's stance on this lately?

Second, is combination of things, my receiver is pretty old. It's a Pioneer SC-LX71. Great receiver, amazing sound quality, just out of date. It hasn't even got ARC for the HDMI. Is there any receiver that can passthrough 4K@120hz? And is there any HDMI 2.1 cables that will work? What are you guys using?

Soldato
On the cusp of a CX but dunno if to save the £200 and go BX if only so the stand actually sits on my current TV unit.

I usually feel a bit down going for the inferior model, but the CX and BX are so minor difference wise I thought why not, for 950 quid the BX is great.

The cons are

Lower brightness
only the 2 HDMI 2.1 ports at the rear at 2.1 (4k 120) - 1 is ARC other standard.

Can't say the brightness has ever been an issue, aside from those two features and a few things in the menus, they're almost the same.

Soldato
I got my 55" CX yesterday. There's so many settings and I've tried to follow some guides, but I still don't really understand what most of it does.

Xbox Series X looks amazing, took a while to get it set up right but it's genuinely stunning. Annoyingly Forza Horizon 4 won't work in HDR, no idea why.

Mixed feelings about everything else at the moment. 4K or proper HD content is amazing, but anything else of lower quality I'm finding the massive screen only helps to show off imperfections/lower quality.

Netflix through the TV is also massively disappointing. We don't pay extra for the 4K sub yet, and the TV is connected via WiFi so that might explain why it wasn't that impressive. Maybe my expectations are too high. I checked the information as I streamed something and the TV showed 0.70mbs and then it had 540 after it, does that mean it was streaming at 540p?

Amazon Prime on the other hand the streaming quality has been really good and most of what I've tested has been great.

Associate
i got the 55 cx on sunday, and its quite superb on the pic side. remote can be fiddly so using a app remote at writing. download on tv is 25 megs, upload 18.5 and 20 ping.(via speedtest ) netflix seems fine here. how do you check network speed when in netflix app? (usual speeds are 74 dl 18.5 ul.

only just getting used to it so need to check all the settings out. like the fact you can put a hard drive in and playback other tv recordings- with formatting it.

Soldato
I am have mine a few days and I am seriously considering returning it.

It's partly my fault, I never thought to research sound issues and not having DTS really annoys me. I put my entire bluray collection on Plex, but just kept the DTS Master Audio tracks wherever possible.

Are there options? Sure, but they involve spending money. Money I didn't think I would need to spend.

Associate

It's partly my fault, I never thought to research sound issues and not having DTS really annoys me. I put my entire bluray collection on Plex, but just kept the DTS Master Audio tracks wherever possible.

Are there options? Sure, but they involve spending money. Money I didn't think I would need to spend.

Split hdmi into 2, run one to the telly, other to the amp? Tell player to decode the audio and send 5.1 pcm?

Associate

Use an Android streamer eg Nvidia Shield, Chromecast device, Fire TV stick etc. Connect it to your AV Amp which will play the DTS soundtrack and then send only the picture to the TV

Back
Top Bottom