• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
I didn't even know this was a thing till the gamer's nexus video just flashed up for me just now... not something I'm personally interested in but it'll be interesting to see if all the cards disappear like with the others (if there's even any stock of them).

Associate
I disagree Ninja. This card is perfectly adequate for 1440P. Check Hardware Unboxed
I just checked HU review and he concludes that "The 3060 Ti technically doesn't support RTX as it cant deliver an acceptably level of gaming performance (at 1440p) when enabled, even with the help of DLS"
So if RTX is something you want to use at 1440p, it does seem like you need to go a tier higher as I suspected.

Soldato
Think I'll nab one of these tomorrow if I can. Would like some RTX & DLSS action, and I could do with something more powerful for VR.
I have 3070 on backorder for my 'portable' VR system as the RX580 is marginal. If these are actually in stock and reasonably priced, I may grab one and cancel the 3070.

Looking at reviews seems 20% less shaders is only 10% less performance

Associate
Was looking to upgrade from a 1650 Super mainly for VR.

Should I really be looking at going up to something like a 3080?

I don’t really game on my PC anymore is my biggest thing. Although this might transition me back to it. Only gaming at 1080p but planning to eventually get a 4K monitor/tv for my office.

Man of Honour
I have 3070 on backorder for my 'portable' VR system as the RX580 is marginal. If these are actually in stock and reasonably priced, I may grab one and cancel the 3070.

Looking at reviews seems 20% less shaders is only 10% less performance

Keep an eye on the nVidia site between ~2pm and 4pm - should be a bigger drop of the FE cards soon - I thought it was supposed to be today but maybe corresponding with 3060ti launch tomorrow.

Associate
Today, I'd like to announce the SFJ 4080TI. MSRP is priced at $400 (free shipping) and it has twice the RTXs of Nvidia's 3090s.
You may order it immediately. Will ship on a first-come basis, subject to stock availability.

Associate
Nearly £500 for a 60 card

extras_laugh_wt_r_1.jpg

Soldato
I find it amusing that 'Ti' was meant to be an improved version, now it's just become another SKU. 3060 isn't even out yet lol.

Think I'm checking out for 'price gouge season'. I don't need a new card, my 2060 is just fine until sanity comes around.

Caporegime
20% upgrade at the same price point over 18 months, and still the same VRam, Its not bad, its incremental. If you bought a $400 GPU back then and are looking for a $400 GPU to replace it with you're going to be pretty deflated about +20%.

What's your opinion on the 5700XT at launch as it's probably just about the same in impact.

Soldato
Price / performance, as well as power consumption looks pretty good. Nice uplift from 2000 series.

Is this the 4k entry level? Benchmarks are always conducted at ultra/highest visual settings. But can a ~20%+ uplift in fps be had for dialing down the details a bit? And DLSS where supported should enable 4k?

Associate
20% upgrade at the same price point over 18 months, and still the same VRam, Its not bad, its incremental. If you bought a $400 GPU back then and are looking for a $400 GPU to replace it with you're going to be pretty deflated about +20%.

well funny enough the cost of research and make cards does not really become cheaper.
AMD has a gap to fill with 6700xt vs 6800 so I suspect those might be the card to upgrade to.
Beats the 3060ti and goes even or slightly better than 3070.
But cost has gone up for very small improvements.
if one consider the $250 and below is 80% or so with new buyers.
$400-500 cards are a 10-18% which isn't that huge in comparison.

anyhow, initial prices here for the 3060ti starts from 520euro and up to 650.
price should been around 450euro but as the saying goes.
Limited card available and demand is high.

Back
Top Bottom