Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Associate
I played this a lot when it first came out. Don't think I ever totally finished the monastary thing. I did get as far as a seize of some castle, think that's where I left it. At that stage I had more money than I could spend, had as good arnour as I could find anywhere and had the top horse.

If they could take KCD and VR it, I'd be in heaven.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
1080p, but when CPU cannot pump out 60fps at 1080p, it is also not able to pump out 60fps at 4K regardless of GPU power. But of course maybe your fasterclocked Haswell will be able to do it unlike my old Sandy Bridge.

BTW in Kingdom Come I do not think you will be able to get 4K ;) I am playing with Ryzen 2700X + RTX2080Ti and I am running it in 2880*1600, very high preset, all LoD sliders maxed out to get 60fps. The game is demanding, but it looks the part.

You are probably right. Might be worth just waiting until next year when I get at least a 3070 :)

Great post, agree with every word - but damn, if you haven't played hardcore I really recommend waiting some time and then replaying the game with it - I absolutely loved how much immersion it added, especially to exploring and navigation in the world. The GPS henry icon not being present and compass not showing north, south etc makes such a big difference for the better.

I wish everyone could experience KCD in the same conditions I did - with all patches and DLCs included, on PC that handles 60fps stable on very high/ultra in 1620p, with no significant bugs present.

Soon :)

Waiting for the RTX 3070 to come out. Last we spoke I had a 970 installed, got a Vega 64 at the moment but I know that ain’t enough either.

Just purchased this for £7 on members marker and thought let me look at this thread and see what was said back when I could not run it maxed.

I have a 3080 and installed it set everything on ultra high and downloaded hd texture and voice packs. I have locked fps to 57 for my 4K 60hz G-Sync monitor and it is staying locked on that fps mostly. It does dip into the 40's at times but with G-sync it is perfectly fine. Lie for example the lowest I saw was 41 when in a chat scenes. That is perfectly fine for me and I will leave the settings like this. The only thing I have turned off is motion blur as I always turn that off.

Will mess about in it for a while but probably won't start it until after Cyberpunk 2077 :D

Associate
I have a 3080 and installed it set everything on ultra high and downloaded hd texture and voice packs. I have locked fps to 57 for my 4K 60hz G-Sync monitor and it is staying locked on that fps mostly. It does dip into the 40's at times but with G-sync it is perfectly fine.

Interesting, I did the same settings on a 3090 and it doesn't seem to go much higher than 57 even then

I'm probably going to download a save anytime mod because the constant repeating massive runs to places only to get bonked by bandits is driving me insane

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Interesting, I did the same settings on a 3090 and it doesn't seem to go much higher than 57 even then

I'm probably going to download a save anytime mod because the constant repeating massive runs to places only to get bonked by bandits is driving me insane
It's weird as I can tell by GPU usage in certain areas GPU usage drops quite a bit to keep 57fps. Then other areas fps drops into 40's. Lucky for me G-Sync helps keep it smooth. So I am happy.

Soldato
OP
I think ultra shadows or lightning (not sure) is experimental and extremely demanding with no real benefit, I recommend lowering it to very high.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, will do.
I just tested it and the difference between shadows on "ultra" and on "high" is 15fps on my system. Just brutal, and there is no real worthwhile difference. I don't know what it is about that ultra setting but it hammers the CPU draw calls something fierce. It is unfortunate when developers put this stuff into options because then some people complain game is badly optimized because of it, even when there is a message about ultra being experimental.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just tested it and the difference between shadows on "ultra" and on "high" is 15fps on my system. Just brutal, and there is no real worthwhile difference. I don't know what it is about that ultra setting but it hammers the CPU draw calls something fierce. It is unfortunate when developers put this stuff into options because then some people complain game is badly optimized because of it, even when there is a message about ultra being experimental.

Yeah. A lot of devs do it. Many games I find there is little to no difference between high and ultra settings. But in this case because I have been happy with the fps I was getting I just put on everything on ultra and got on with it. Though I have changed shadows from ultra to high as suggested and as you say I can't see the difference, would probably need to do still shots to see it.

I have about 17 hours showing on steam counter and all I done is a few side quests and only just went to see Radzig and finished my sword training with the Captain and about to do archery next. Basically I am just messing about learning the game world and levelling up a bit so I can continue properly after Cyberpunk 2077 :)

Soldato
Considering if I should install this now and wait for Cyberpunk to be patched before getting that, but one thing has been mostly responsible for delaying me starting this game - the limited save issue.

I know there's a mod for this, but I recall hearing it broke the game once you saved a certain number of times?

How is this working now? Does the mod work perfectly now? A limited save mechanic in such a big game just doesn't fit my lifestyle and work/family/life balance.

Back
Top Bottom