• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800/6800 XT Drivers stable - please post

Associate
For you early owners of 6000 series GPU's. Please advise if you see any instability issues.

I have no complaints with the stability of my (tired & old) RX 580, and would like to know how your state-of-the-art cards are behaving.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rock solid. Only have predictable crashes in WD:L with RT on, but there it's bugged & a known issue, so not a big deal. Ran Exodus, Control, SotTR with RT on and ran fine & stable. Non-RT games - absolutely no issues. Keep in mind I've had ATI/AMD cards almost exclusively and never really had driver issues so to me the drivers being bad is just FUD spread by fanboys, it became a meme if you will (in the Dawkins sense).

Associate
6800XT reference very stable for me, no need to overclock at the moment although I had it stable @ 2500/2110. Practically silent under load running in Balanced mode after extended gaming sessions (AC Valhalla mostly).

Associate
Fine here.

I get the odd notification about wattman crashing and having to default to standard option or something but that only seems to happen when I had selected the 'auto overclock' setting and been gaming hard.

When left on the default clock, it's been fine.

Caporegime
For you early owners of 6000 series GPU's. Please advise if you see any instability issues.
I have no complaints with the stability of my (tired & old) RX 580, amd would like to know how your state-of-the-art cards are behaving.
Been fine here, only instability is to do with overclocks.
This. No stability issues here.

Associate
6800XT Reference Here. Came from a 5700XT I didn't do a full re-install and just did the general uninstall and DDU.

6800XT drivers installed perfectly fine, tested for a few hours fine. Then came back to it and the Radeon Software would just not load. That was the first day I had it.

So DDU and Re-Install Driver and everything seems to be OK for now.

I guess a full re-install would be the ideal situation. However its been fine for a few days, will report back.

Performance other wise perfect no coil whine, insane performance for several hours in CoD Cold War multiplayer. Small adjustment to the standard fan settings with zero RPM turned off and small adjustment to fan curve.

Soldato
6800 here. Only issue I had was plugging in three monitors from the get go. Got three black screens until I unplugged two and rebooted. Got one live and then restarted with two.

Three caused the black screens again so reverted to 2 and hot plugged the third.

Soldato
Spoke too soon - a friend asked me to post a instant replay capture and it promptly had a fit.

I now have a cursor with a erratic activity symbol on it, no record/screenshot/gif/replay functions work, no hotkeys work and overlays don't work.

Looks like it's a known bug, but annoying nonetheless.

Caporegime
Spoke too soon - a friend asked me to post a instant replay capture and it promptly had a fit.

I now have a cursor with a erratic activity symbol on it, no record/screenshot/gif/replay functions work, no hotkeys work and overlays don't work.

Looks like it's a known bug, but annoying nonetheless.
New driver out, try a DDU in safe mode.
AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Drivers & Support | AMD

Pet Northerner
Don
only issue I've had has been with Minecraft not utalizing much of the GPU (% is high but core speed is not) and a heavily modded skyrim having a bit of a mare - but that's most likely that and not the card :)

Soldato

Thanks - tried this and it worked initially.......................but it's now doing it again............

Only way to stop it is to kill the overlay and host process in Task Manager. It's frustrating not being able to record and have an overlay. It's these sorts of things that made me buy Nvidia for the last 2 or 3 cards.

Caporegime
Thanks - tried this and it worked initially.......................but it's now doing it again............

Only way to stop it is to kill the overlay and host process in Task Manager. It's frustrating not being able to record and have an overlay. It's these sorts of things that made me buy Nvidia for the last 2 or 3 cards.
Can you try disabling the in-game overlay option to see if that helps?
m89XyfO.png

Please make sure to submit a bug report using the integrated tool. :)
ywDTBQs.png

Back
Top Bottom