This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I usually take my 'lunch' break as late as possible, then there's fewer hours left when I get back :D Makes going back much easier when there's only another 3h instead of 6-7.
I used to go at 1.30pm but then work got in the way so it started getting later and later so now it's 2pm. I wouldn't go earlier than 1.30pm if I can help it though as I watch neighbours on my break :o :D

@Bouton Aide aaannnd that's stuck in my head now lol

Associate
Went for my first run in about 1 year. In fact it's pretty much my first bit of excercising in about 9 months.

With 2x lockdowns, a 4 month old baby and extensive periods of furlough, it's been the last thing on my mind, but I'm sick of feeling sluggish, having low mental health and generally just feeling flabby and weak. Now to try and form some type of habit with it...

Caporegime
I used to go at 1.30pm but then work got in the way so it started getting later and later so now it's 2pm. I wouldn't go earlier than 1.30pm if I can help it though as I watch neighbours on my break :o :D

@Bouton Aide aaannnd that's stuck in my head now lol

In a previous job at a finance company I was on flexitime and didn't have a lunch break and left an hour early each day. Which was apparently a perfectly acceptable thing to do. :p

Soldato
In a previous job at a finance company I was on flexitime and didn't have a lunch break and left an hour early each day. Which was apparently a perfectly acceptable thing to do. :p
We have flexi time but have to take a minimum 30 min lunch break. Now that I'm working from home though I find I get more done quickly so I can take a full hour break or I start a little earlier to build up my flexi :D

Soldato
Went for my first run in about 1 year. In fact it's pretty much my first bit of excercising in about 9 months.

With 2x lockdowns, a 4 month old baby and extensive periods of furlough, it's been the last thing on my mind, but I'm sick of feeling sluggish, having low mental health and generally just feeling flabby and weak. Now to try and form some type of habit with it...

There's a running thread in Sports Arena if you want to join us and keep motivation. Just don't be disheartened by some of the ridiculous running speed/amount some people do (not me!) :)

Soldato

This is standard at my company. Loads of people do it.

And start whenever between the hours of 6-9am. It's super handy. Oh and half day Friday, which is nice.

Consigliere
@SideWinder

How did the interview go?

Thank you for asking. :)

So came in quite excited, fully prepared with research on the company, scenarios of customer support etc etc. Rapport was gained but they came across very new to hiring. Some of the questions seemed very strange (what type of manager am i?) for a temp role. They also kept on saying things like you'll have no progress for at least a year, maybe stay on after 3 months (realised this lined up with stamp duty closing so think the role was to do with that). They also didn't seem interested in a work culture/too busy...all in all, i don't think they knew how to hire. They also said they had never trained remote before...which surprised me for a tech team position interviewing end of November. We've all been remote for a while.

They were meant to say either way the next morning (interview was a Monday and said i would be starting Thursday! So needed time to release myself from my freelance role i have at the moment) but they didn't. I chased Tuesday afternoon and agency said no news. Then said EOD Tuesday....then Wednesday AM...and still nothing. Bizaare.

I think they are "too busy" to hire which is mental...why advertise, why go through the agency 3 weeks ago who kept me in the loop.

TL;DR version: It went well but on reflection, i dodged a bullet from a very unorganised team who seem very inexperienced in hiring.

Current role is progressing very well, wonderful people, brilliant training AND manager said he is pushing to keep us all on! We shall see!

Soldato
Is that one you're in the streaming device one? What's the actual work, tech support for customers?

You're seeing the positive in all the meanders along your path at the moment, it's very encouraging :)

Soldato
I think my tumble dryer that's only 6 months old needs looking at... it makes a sound like plastic is stuck between the drum and the door as it makes a rubbing sound every cycle... only I took the outer housing off and can't find anything at all wrong must be between the door and the drum but at only 6 months old...

Anyone here experienced? :p

Soldato
Need a PC, I’ve got a Mac but I can’t install multisim on a Mac so I can’t do my assignment. I’m not allowed in to use the college PC’s. Work won’t let me install it on that laptop because of military clearance.

Don’t want to pay for a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom