Football Manager 2021

Soldato
Would rather play Premier Manager 3 from the early 90s or even the early Champ Manager series than this regurgitated roster update filled with useless guff. I'm just angry as it's a genre I grew up with, what it's become over the last decade fills me with utter sadness.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been smashing FM20 last few days.

On the rampage in League 2 with Cambridge United - 2nd place 11 games to go....Looking good for promotion.

Was tempted with FM21 but really nothing much has changed at all...... No point in paying for it when FM20 is 95% the same

Associate
Been smashing FM20 last few days.

On the rampage in League 2 with Cambridge United - 2nd place 11 games to go....Looking good for promotion.

Was tempted with FM21 but really nothing much has changed at all...... No point in paying for it when FM20 is 95% the same

Got to say, FM21 isn't anything like FM20 in the areas that matter - mainly the ME. From my perspective the ME in FM20 was as bad as I have ever seen. FM is pretty much the only game I play regularly and I have played ever single version of the game. I rack up, usually, somewhere in the region of 1200 hours per game. I think I got about 300 hours on FM20. The ME was so bad. If you wanted to play gegenpressing and loved scoring goals from set-pieces you were fine. Anything else forget it.

FM21 is a joy. I can actually play a defensive counter attacking game and it works - as it should. The things I change tactically actually matter and I can see them in effect. There are parts of the game I still don't like but as I said for me the Match Engine is the most important part of FM and SI seem to have got this, more or less, spot on this year.

Man of Honour
Picked this up with my Steam Credit so will look to install soon when I have time to sit and get set up, it's nice to hear some positive feedback for a change on this year's edition, was beginning to think it was time to stop buying/playing with all the rubbish that's come before it!

Ree

Ree

Associate
think av found a couple of bugs. the first one is i replaced my assistant manager in the first and second season and to my surprise i had 3 (when i was comparing) they weren't paid off like it normally does. the next one has absolutely p'd me off i bought 2 wonderkids and both had in the promise part that i had to loan them out so i removed and excluded it before offering the contracts but it was still expected of me to loan out my bloody best players who were playing in the first team regularly through the season and they are unhappy and want to leave because i broke a promise :confused:

Associate
Would rather play Premier Manager 3 from the early 90s or even the early Champ Manager series than this regurgitated roster update filled with useless guff. I'm just angry as it's a genre I grew up with, what it's become over the last decade fills me with utter sadness.

Bit harsh.. :D I do remmeber the days of Championship Manager 2 97/98. What a game that was! Nowadays I struggle to find the time to get involved in FM, it's getting so complex. The iPad version of FM21 Touch though is pretty impressive.

Associate
think av found a couple of bugs. the first one is i replaced my assistant manager in the first and second season and to my surprise i had 3 (when i was comparing) they weren't paid off like it normally does. the next one has absolutely p'd me off i bought 2 wonderkids and both had in the promise part that i had to loan them out so i removed and excluded it before offering the contracts but it was still expected of me to loan out my bloody best players who were playing in the first team regularly through the season and they are unhappy and want to leave because i broke a promise :confused:

The first one isn't a bug - you can have multiple Assistant Managers now. Obviously, your club has to allow you to have that amount, the same way it does the amount of coaches/scouts etc you have, but that definitely is not a bug.

2nd one sounds like a bug. Just ignore it though, they will get over it as long as they are getting game time.

Edit*Funny, just seen this on SI Forums:

FM21 has seen the introduction of multiple assistant managers being allowed within certain nations.

Each national researcher would have chosen an option which would allow clubs within that nation to allow multiple assistant managers or not.

The multiple assistant managers get counted towards overall coaching numbers.

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
The first one isn't a bug - you can have multiple Assistant Managers now. Obviously, your club has to allow you to have that amount, the same way it does the amount of coaches/scouts etc you have, but that definitely is not a bug.

2nd one sounds like a bug. Just ignore it though, they will get over it as long as they are getting game time.

Edit*Funny, just seen this on SI Forums:

FM21 has seen the introduction of multiple assistant managers being allowed within certain nations.

Each national researcher would have chosen an option which would allow clubs within that nation to allow multiple assistant managers or not.

The multiple assistant managers get counted towards overall coaching numbers.

ah i didn't know that i've been terminating their contracts. am hoping they'll get over it am a few months on so far, i even offered bumper contract renewals but their sticking to their guns and refused lol

Associate
A
VERY
GOOD
GAME

It's your opinion I know but when did you start playing football manager games?

I think it is a good FM. I have been playing football manager games since the first CM on the Amiga. Is it perfect, no of course not. Is it my favourite CM/FM, again no. Is it the best version for the last 10 years, probably.

I still don't like the way that they patch the game. It effects tactics too much. Other than that there isn't much I can criticise this years version on. I don't understand when people say it hasn't moved on or changed. I don't get what those people want to change? For me the only real thing they could change is the training modules, I think they could be made better. Other than that I don't see how SI can change much. It is a football sim, what isn't in it that people would like to see that reflects what a manager actually does?

Back
Top Bottom