• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Soldato
Better than 2080 super performance for £369 is pretty impressive. Makes you wonder why people are still paying £300+ for 1080Ti's, 2080's and 2070 supers in the members market!

Soldato
If you're considering the 5500xt as a replacement for the GTX980 in your sig I'd give it a miss, it performs about the same looking at benchmarks!
The one I have picked up is the basic Powercolor one, stays fairly cool but it's not a quiet card - the heatsink is clearly a basic design so the fans have to spin up quite a lot to keep the temps down.
VRAM isn't going to be an issue with 8GB, same as a lot of higher-end cards that are fine at 1440p and 4k!

I'd bought it for a PC for my brother, but I think I'm likely to swap it for something with a bit more performance and/or much quieter at load.

980 is a mates card. I just borrowed it. Might see if a 5600XT is a better option then. I had a Vega 64 before the 980 and loved the Chill option on the AMD software.

Soldato
Better than 2080 super performance for £369 is pretty impressive. Makes you wonder why people are still paying £300+ for 1080Ti's, 2080's and 2070 supers in the members market!
Probably because the 3060ti only got announced today and can't be bought yet, whilst the 2070 supers and co have been getting sold for the past few days! I'd been eyeballing one at £300, but if I can nab a 3060ti for £370 I know where my money is going!

Soldato
Probably because the 3060ti only got announced today and can't be bought yet, whilst the 2070 supers and co have been getting sold for the past few days! I'd been eyeballing one at £300, but if I can nab a 3060ti for £370 I know where my money is going!

It was inevitable that Nvidia would be releasing lower end parts at some point in the not so distant future and given the performance boosts we've seen in the new 30xx range it was pretty much guaranteed that any mid range part was going to compete favourably with last gens top cards, but yeah granted if people desperately needed a card fair enough. I'm sure there's probably a few that are kicking themselves after todays announcement though. Having said that a 1080ti sold today for 300 quid, obviously the buyer doesn't frequent these forums....

Associate
Not sure where people are seeing prices but if it is high 300s low 400s i could be tempted to snap one up for a quick upgrade over my 970 and hold out till later next year for a higher end card.

Soldato
I just want to get advice but I think this card is kinda sat on my fence falling the wrong way
Currently have a Ryzen 3600 and a 2070s hybrid.and monitor is LG 34” 2550 x 1440 @144hz , play mainly COD- FS2020 and VR with a guest, just want to max out all the settings etc
Upgrading to a Ryzen 5900 and was looking at a 3080 FE or EVGA XC but with availability none existent I’m going backwards here, could have bought a 3070 easily if I had been paid last week, and getting desperate now lol will this card work or fall a bit short
Anything less than a 3070 would be too small a jump, though honestly even that seems kinda meh from a 2070S. Yiu really should wait for a 3080 if you want the money to have been well spent.

Associate
Anything less than a 3070 would be too small a jump, though honestly even that seems kinda meh from a 2070S. Yiu really should wait for a 3080 if you want the money to have been well spent.

Thanks, def the answer I was after, I will hang out for the 3080 FE as its not a great jump up financially from a 3070, if all fails, im sure the evga RTX 3080 XC3's will becoming more readily available, these seem best suited due to their size after the FE as have an SFF case,
well good luck to anyone wanting a 3060 ti hope plenty are available

Associate
No citation on any of your claims, then trolling. Shhhh you can go away now. Steam survey has proven you wrong.

He’s right though if you think about it logically. The more of these cards that sell in the coming months the more people are going to want to move away from 1080p gaming. Please note that I said coming months though, no need to quote the steam survey. I’d love to see the breakdown of this steam survey though, how many included laptops for instance? Got to be a fair chunk if it did include this.

I entered PC gaming in July this year with a 1080p set up. After playing in 1080p I knew immediately that if I had the money I would move up to 1440p with a 3070, and I got my wish.

these cards are build for 1440p+. People that want to stay at 1080p gaming will not buy these cards as it would probably be worth more than the entire rig altogether. Just think logically about the situation here.

Back
Top Bottom