HP Reverb G2 uk release date?

Associate
No so sure all deliveries covering up to the 31st July will be made today. Mine only arrived at the depot at 1pm and it still hasn't updated to 'Out for delivery'

I have seen multiple delivery vans come and go throughout the day so i reckon i've missed being in todays batch, it'll be among tomorrow deliveries most likely

Associate
No so sure all deliveries covering up to the 31st July will be made today. Mine only arrived at the depot at 1pm and it still hasn't updated to 'Out for delivery'

I have seen multiple delivery vans come and go throughout the day so i reckon i've missed being in todays batch, it'll be among tomorrow deliveries most likely

Yes, I'm sceptical too. Still haven't had any email from them today, despite me also emailing them this morning. We get items via Parcel Force a couple times a week and they have normally already been at this time of day. Not sure whether to stay back longer (ordered with delivery to work address) to anticipate it coming or just head home if it isn't here by 3pm (part timer, I know!).

Associate
That sucks! Hopefully they can turn that around real quick.

However, ParcelFarce are back in their old ways for me - the guys is a 5 min drive from me, but now he's moved from a street where he stayed for 2 hours, to just across the street to outside a 'Chicken George' where he's not moved for the last hour. Either the tracking isn't working, or he's having an early lunch now he's had his tea at home all morning.

Honestly I still think I lucked out getting the 3080FE the other day. I would have quite happily swapped an extra day waiting for the G2 in exchange :D

Check your email for the Parcelforce tracking - if yours is like mine (still not actually arrived at my local depot), looks like there have been delays somewhere down the line so looking like tomorrow unfortunately.

Associate
Had this too with my quest 2 at native res. My 1080ti just isnt upto the job and running games undersampled look worse than on my rift s.
Q2 would have extra overhead for compression, so it's hard to compare directly to G2. It does sound like a software issue because in Zeeflyboy's case hardware appears to not be loaded that much. :confused:

Soldato
There's a Steam VR issue, I believe 50% or thereabouts will be the native Res of the G2. I wouldn't have thought SS would be necessary at all would it?

VR headsets do normally render at a higher resolution to allow barrel distortion correction etc. The 100% option in the G2 just seems a little excessive to me, I’m currently on 60%.

1.0 on AMS SS settings just means the steam resolution x 1.0... so that’s not the issue.

Had this too with my quest 2 at native res. My 1080ti just isnt upto the job and running games undersampled look worse than on my rift s.

Except the GPU is sitting around 70% and the CPU isn’t maxing any threads, there’s VRAM spare etc... There is something odd going on. Alyx runs at 90hz no issues. Need to try more games this eve and have a play with settings etc to see if I can figure out what’s going on.

Associate
Well just sent AS an email to say that I hadn't received a text from parcel force, they told me that anyone in N,Ireland will get theirs tomorrow
So here's hoping

Associate
Dear 1-st batch people, can you write here if you were due to get you G2 today, but did not get it in the end? I am just trying to understand if they ship the entire batch in one day, or do they stretch it over many days to come.

Associate
Dear 1-st batch people, can you write here if you were due to get you G2 today, but did not get it in the end? I am just trying to understand if they ship the entire batch in one day, or do they stretch it over many days to come.

Mine shipped but didn't arrive. I'm in Scotland.

Associate

Shipped on time, due for delivery today

Associate
wonder if we'll have a few days of no deliveries at the end of the week, waiting for a new bigger batch of shipments, or we'll get a continuous flow of deliveries.
I was fine with waiting and delay but now that the end is in sight I'm getting restless, checking my emails several times an hour haha.

Associate
Can't they at least wait until 5 month old pre orders are delivered properly?
I emailed SA about this and seems they are not impressed with hp,

Their reply to me.....

Hi Dave,

First thing I saw when I woke up at 05:30 this morning… We were promised this would not happen until our pre-orders were fulfilled. Suffice to say a “strongly worded” email was sent to our HP UK Team this morning to get sorted.

Thanks for making me aware as well Dave, much appreciated.

Soldato
Associate
This is really annoying, totally unfair that preorder folk dont get sorted 1st, even more so the preorder folk who didnt get the early bird discount

That said 1 bright side is this cuts the balls off the scalpers trying to sell over up to 1K on ebay, so there is the silver lining :)
Yeah no early bird for me,
My main concern is that uk shipments have gone to hp rather than SA,
Just hope they are still able to fulfill there last update promise,
Anyone after the cut of of end of october might as well cancel and order from hp, not great for SA

Back
Top Bottom