LG B7V audio with 4k

Soldato
Hi,

I have an LG B7V with a Yamaha YSP-2700. Bought a 4K fire stick and had big audio lag. Couldn’t fix it so went back to using built in apps. Unfortunately I just tried to watch a 4K movie on Prime to find the same lag and the audio sounds like half of it is missing or is like something off a bad 700mb rip.

Anyone have any ideas? I’ve tried via optical and HDMI. Something isn’t playing ball...

Man of Honour
How did you have the Firestick connected. Was it in to the TV or the Yamaha first?

We know that a lot of TVs have significant audio delay when processing DD.

Soldato
OP
How did you have the Firestick connected. Was it in to the TV or the Yamaha first?

We know that a lot of TVs have significant audio delay when processing DD.

At the time I tried both directly in the TV and into the Yamaha. I've tried using Prime via the LG app store and it works fine... until I use 4K. What I've discovered is that the TV switches to HDR when 4k is played, so it must be 4K HDR. I've changed the Yamaha to mode 1 4K (rather than default mode 2), no change to awful sound quality. I've tried using digital audio rather than via ARC HDMI, no changed to awful sound quality. Kind of given up at this point.

The cable is HDMI 2.0.

Soldato
  1. Open the built-in app, Screen Share, from Recents.

2. Click on Listen Mode.

3. Set it to Off.
Can you try the above if it is turned on. Causes the network speed to be mega slow if using wifi and I had a similar problem on my old B7 which above fixed it.

Soldato
I had issues with that soundbar and my previous (non-4K) Samsung TV any time Dolby Digital was used, not so much with audio lag but I'd get skips and bits missing. Nobody could figure out why so Richer Sounds gave me a refund and I bought something else instead.

Back
Top Bottom