LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Yes. It is cumulative which many don’t understand. I suspect in a few short years all these 48” that are being specifically sold as gaming TVs will have huge problems with regular marathon console sessions of 5-6 hours plus. HDR will have a greater impact on lifespan. I have a C9 and game maybe 1-2 hours at most a day. What games need is more control over the HUD so it can be adjusted, dimmed or removed. Doom has a good option with the HUD, opacity and size which should help reduce risks greatly. More games should follow suit. The settings people use is important too. If you are using HDR all the time that is gonna have a big effect. I use game mode with OLED light at 70 and brightness at 50. The higher you go the worse it will be over time.

Associate
No I leave HDR on 100 and 100. But as only a few games use HDR effectively any games I do play with HDR is minimal. As long as people know the potential risks then you make your own choice on OLED. I would never go back to anything else.

Associate
I suspect in a few short years all these 48” that are being specifically sold as gaming TVs will have huge problems with regular marathon console sessions of 5-6 hours plus.

And when I'm not using my CX OLED for a marathon PC gaming session, I'm probably working on a marathon microsoft office session (or just browsing google chrome with lots of static elements). So you're right, I'll almost certainly get burn in after a few years.

But that's alright, because I paid JL £140 for their 5 year warranty, so I'm just gonna enjoy using and abusing this gorgeous display and when it does eventually burn, back it goes :)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Wouldn't worry LG themselves said they have improved the OLED tech much more in the past few years if you watched 10hrs per day it would still last 30 years.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?id=1465304750&subaction=showfull

And use your OLED TV as you feel fit for movies or gaming, that is what it's designed for one should not have to worry about watching BBC news for more than 1 hour per day, there is enough anti burn in tech in the CX series to prevent burn in, provided you have not switched off those features.

Soldato
And use your OLED TV as you feel fit for movies or gaming, that is what it's designed for one should not have to worry about watching BBC news for more than 1 hour per day, there is enough anti burn in tech in the CX series to prevent burn in, provided you have not switched off those features.
The anti burn tech would not stop burn in if you watch something with static images like the BBC news everyday

Associate
Wouldn't worry LG themselves said they have improved the OLED tech much more in the past few years if you watched 10hrs per day it would still last 30 years.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?id=1465304750&subaction=showfull

That's good to know! Thanks for the link:D put my mind at rest

R3X

R3X

Soldato
The anti burn tech would not stop burn in if you watch something with static images like the BBC news everyday

Pixel shift was designed to shift or push the static images left and right this prevents burn in, also LG has ASBL (Auto static brightness limiting) another feature to prevent static or still scenes from burn in. Also Logo Luminance feature to prevent channel logos or anything else static from burning in, could probably go on but frankly I stopped counting on the amount of anti burn in features LG have ;)

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I would like to see the list if you have it!

I should keep a list really, off top of my head....

Pixel shift
Logo luminance
screen saver
ASBL
ABL
auto pixel refresher

They should all help keep our precious pixels survive till we fall apart

Associate
2 weeks in with mine, loving it so far - no issues..

My RTX 3090 is sat at the depot a few miles away waiting to be delivered tomorrow, which will unlock HDMI 2.1 and 120hz, can't wait to play cyberpunk on it :D

Permabanned
also got mine a week ago, worth the wait (had to order one from the US and had it ship all the way here to the Philippines, shipping cost and tax was around $700) but worth it and thanks to this thread i made the right decision, to everyone here thank you

Permabanned
and now im waiting on building a new rig, but im waiting on the release of the 6900xt to see which one is better vs the 3090

anyone used amd gpu like the 6800xt? any problems using it or its ok?

current rig im using is with a 2080ti and so far everything is good, but wanted to be able to use the 10bit and 120hz and 444 or rgb

Associate
Looks like the CX's are currently out of stock in a few locations (JL and Currys). I assume the sales last week had their desired effect. Wonder when they will be back in stock, I assume most retailers will want to ship a few more models before the new year.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Hmm getting a 404 when I try to claim the John Lewis 100 gift card (it's supposed to open up today). Anyone else have luck?

JL are so glitchy as hell and not quite on it due to covid still, I see the website list 21 free films from Rakuten though maybe they ditched the £100 gift card for that offer instead since its cheaper.

Missed out on my free FN4 ear phones due to their website glitch back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom