Best mould killer?

Associate
I've found bleach in a spray bottle works best. One of those foamy type spray bottles as it sticks around longer and actually seems to get it back to being white.

Associate
Thick bleach with some rolled up tissue paper. The tissue prolongs the contact time on the mould and speeds up the removal.

Soldato
I find the Cif Perfect Finish Mould Stain Remover to be very effective.

My understanding is bleach hides the mould by killing (and "bleaching" the colour away) the surface stuff, but doesn't kill all of it.

Do you find it returns in the same places?
It'll always return on the colder sufaces of a house, if there is moisture in the air. What you don't want to do is paint over it, without killing it first.

Only way to stop it is to get the humidity of the house below 60%. Hard to do when it's freezing outside and you want to keep the warm air in.

Man of Honour
My understanding is bleach hides the mould by killing (and "bleaching" the colour away) the surface stuff, but doesn't kill all of it.

Do you find it returns in the same places?
You have to leave it to soak deap down to kill as much as it can penetrate , a lot of people just spray then wipe and think it will go away but not true.

It can return if it's under the surface as you can't see the affected area unless you can remove it.

Soldato
I'm currently giving the bleach + tissue method a go as I type. Started a couple of hours ago, should have taken a photo before, but it should be clear if it's done anything as I only did have of one section.....just in case.

Back
Top Bottom