Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Soldato
OP
Are you going NG+ or start again with a different build?
Depending on the ending, you can get the Soul sucker spell for crazy farming in NG+.

Tbh I'm a bit exhausted playing it. Will have a break. I generally dont replay games. Might sell or keep and try again later on.

Is NG+ harder or same difficulty?

Soldato
Yeah do 1.2 the knight is really easy, just stay by his feet and hack away, don't lock on so you can roll away from the power attack.

If you really are stuck do it in this order | 2-1 | 4-1 | 3-1 | 5-1. Then back to 1-2.

Just done 1-2 on my 2nd try tonight had to use quite a lot of healing though haha as the bit where he jumps back kept catching me out but done that and moving onto 2-1 now them
Mine worker people aren’t strong but they’re tough as hell !

Associate
Just done 1-2 on my 2nd try tonight had to use quite a lot of healing though haha as the bit where he jumps back kept catching me out but done that and moving onto 2-1 now them
Mine worker people aren’t strong but they’re tough as hell !

You'll be 1 hitting them in no time. Only thing is by the time you are you won't need to :p

2-1 isn't too bad, 3-1 either so you should fly through those.

Associate
Tbh I'm a bit exhausted playing it. Will have a break. I generally dont replay games. Might sell or keep and try again later on.

Is NG+ harder or same difficulty?
All the enemies have more energy and souls, but I found it easier because you carry over your items and stats, and you know what to do!

You can keep focusing your build or put souls in other stats to use different weapons.

Associate
Hmm so I had something weird happen to me today and I don't really understand.

I had pure white tendency in all of the worlds. So I went to do a bit of item hunting and get a few trophies.

I went into 1-1 and went through that little gate on the left right near the start. I then killed all of the black phantoms which spawn and some other enemy who shows up. I went into the tower, dropped down a few levels to collect a colourless soul. During the process of getting this soul I did fall down twice and died, but I was always in soul form when this happened. Anyway, I went and did some other stuff in other worlds, then I noticed that the world tendency for world 1 had gone to black! How is this possible? I think I am OK as far as getting all of the items in world 1 goes, but I am just kinda confused - I thought you only lost world tendency when you died in human form?

Associate
Hmm so I had something weird happen to me today and I don't really understand.

I had pure white tendency in all of the worlds. So I went to do a bit of item hunting and get a few trophies.

I went into 1-1 and went through that little gate on the left right near the start. I then killed all of the black phantoms which spawn and some other enemy who shows up. I went into the tower, dropped down a few levels to collect a colourless soul. During the process of getting this soul I did fall down twice and died, but I was always in soul form when this happened. Anyway, I went and did some other stuff in other worlds, then I noticed that the world tendency for world 1 had gone to black! How is this possible? I think I am OK as far as getting all of the items in world 1 goes, but I am just kinda confused - I thought you only lost world tendency when you died in human form?

A similar thing has happened to me in 4-1 and I only died there once. I was farming for a while there and for some reason the tendency went black and I can't get passed the phantom at the beginning of the stage.

Associate
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's also effected by the global tendency.

On the PS3, I used to disconnect from the net when I needed to control it for items/farming.

Associate
Hi guys,

Just bought this and waiting for it to download.

This will be my first ever attempt at a souls game of any sort and I'm not sure I will like or enjoy it despite loving the look of these type of games.

Does anyone have a link to a proper beginners guide for the game at all please

TIA

Soldato
Hi guys,

Just bought this and waiting for it to download.

This will be my first ever attempt at a souls game of any sort and I'm not sure I will like or enjoy it despite loving the look of these type of games.

Does anyone have a link to a proper beginners guide for the game at all please

TIA

You can get really bogged down by reading guides and worrying about things, honestly the best way is to just get stuck in, maybe google specific things later on.

Associate
You can get really bogged down by reading guides and worrying about things, honestly the best way is to just get stuck in, maybe google specific things later on.
Thnx will just play along.

On a side not Ive just started the game and playing in a 1080p screen at the moment in performance mode but the game is a stuttering mess. All other games run great.

Would the server side effect this as it gave me us East 274 ms as the best server but when I chose London it was about 28k

Associate
Is there a technique to killing the Satsuki phantom at the start of 4-1? Really starting to **** me off to the point I don't even want to play it anymore.

Associate
No, that shouldn’t affect performance. Close the game and restart it.

1st tip. In menu you can ‘save and exit’ or something like that and it saves where you are, everything
Yeah got it sorted however I don't know if it's just me but I've sat for about 6 hours now okayi g this game and literally got nowhere.

The controls are so clunky and unresponsive it feels as tho I'm playing a poor early 90s game. I guess this game isn't for me which is a waste of 60nodd quid to not get past the 1st area

Soldato
Yeah got it sorted however I don't know if it's just me but I've sat for about 6 hours now okayi g this game and literally got nowhere.

The controls are so clunky and unresponsive it feels as tho I'm playing a poor early 90s game. I guess this game isn't for me which is a waste of 60nodd quid to not get past the 1st area

Make sure you are playing in performance mode. 30fps mode is terrible.

Soldato
OP
Is there a technique to killing the Satsuki phantom at the start of 4-1? Really starting to **** me off to the point I don't even want to play it anymore.

Yes it's a joke. I got a mate to help me. Put the thief ring on so he doesnt charge you. Put a private p/w on and change to body form and get your mate to drop a blue stone at the start for you to activate.

Edit nvm just saw you did it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom